𝟎𝟏𝟎 | 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞

"MY GIRL" | 010

❝ [ unfortunate ] !❞

[ unfortunate ] !

♡︎♡☯︎︎︎♡︎♡︎

OH NO.

was the only thing running through your head at that moment.

"what are you talking about?"

"he fears he might be falling for you. . ."
"what?!"
"—but! he's not there yet! that's why he wanted me to tell you; he hoped maybe you could help prevent it?"

"but how the hell am i supposed to do that? just, stay away from him—but distance makes the heart grow fonder. . . ?"

"well, a crush is formed from wanting to get to know the person better, why don't you just act really unattractive" deku suggests

that's embarrassing. . .but,

"if it works, it works!"

[. . .]

so the plan was for you to invite shoto over to your house under the guise of a group hangout, and basically act as unattractive as possible without being too obnoxious about it.

that looked like you wearing an unflattering outfit, kicking your feet up on the table, holding your chopsticks in annoying way etc.—practically all of the minor annoyances that, when combined, would drive someone crazy.

obviously, you weren't particularly enthusiastic about bashing your own character like this, but you'd do anything to keep another obstacle from getting in your way.

now that you had all this in place, you had to wait for the 'man of the hour' to get there; you waited.

and waited. . .

and waited. . .

by now, you considered calling him; as you reached for your phone, it seemed he beat you to it.

you assumed he called to reschedule—which to be honest, half of you was kind of hoping for anyway.

when you answered the call though. . ."it's. . .my father—and i don't know! just got so angry that i—"

you're the first person he called? sure, it was getting late and you were expecting him, but still. . .you were sort've. . .touched.