VII - Big News

POV Y/N

What on earth did just happen? I mean it's not every day that you meet all the members of BTS trying to get out of the bathroom. This must be a dream for sure.. a very strange but nonetheless very pleasant dream.
I can't believe that I am having such an amazing opportunity! Well already teaching Namjoon alone would have been the chance of a lifetime! But teaching all the members of BTS?
But something really kind of sounds off. It's waaay too good to be true! I even heard Taehyung trying to silence everyone when I approached them. Maybe they don't want me as a teacher? Well the best is to not keep my hope too high. It might also be better to not tell anyone about this until I have a concrete signed contract with them.

Well I have to hurry now anyways. Sunghee sent me a 911 message and told me to hurry and join her at the Starbucks near Seokchon lake. Apparently, she has big news. I wonder if it's about Donghwan... did he sign a contract with BigHit? Only the thought of it made me really happy for him! It had been his dream for so long!

Once I arrive, I look for Sunghee but I can't see her, she must still be on her way. I take my usual ice caramel macchiato and sit down facing the lake. I simply love being here. My adventure here promises to be extraordinary, and I can't wait. I'm simply so ready for it. Ready to feel alive!

Lost in my thoughts, I only notice Sunghee once she sits down next to me. I am about to great her with a hug, when I see her red puffy eyes and stop in my track.

Y/N: Sunhgee! What's wrong? Is it Donghwan?
SH: onnii... I'm so doomed...
Y/N: what's wrong sweetie?
SH: ... remember how I felt so sick yesterday? Well this morning it was even worse ... Donghwan wanted to take me to the hospital, but he got called to BigHit to discuss a potential contract... so I went on my own...
Y/N: are you sick?
SH: I wish I was... it's worse... I'm pregnant onni...

Oh. I couldn't find anything to say. Yes of course, becoming parents is normally a joyous occasion, and no doubt the two of them would be amazing parents. But the timing was so bad. At least for Donghwan. In south Korea you have to be a saint to be an idol. A single, childless saint. If Donghwan wanted to be the new star guitarist of a Korean rock band, the fact of having a girlfriend would have to be concealed for several years... but the fact that he would be a dad? This would condemn his not yet existing career already to death. And if I knew that much, so did Sunghee. I was truly sorry for her. All I could do is hug her.

Y/N: does... does he already know?
DH: no! and I'm not sure I can tell him... I mean... his dream is finally at his reach... I can't find the courage to destroy it...
Y/N: well I do understand. ..but I think you should tell him anyways... you don't have to find a solution alone, you guys are a couple, I'm sure you will find a solution together!
SH: I know I have to tell him, I just don't know how...
Y/N: well, try to be simply honest. It's not your fault. Nor his. You both made it together no?

She finally chuckles lightly in between her tears. I continue to pet her back as her breaths begin to have a normal rhythm again.

SH: are you free tonight?
Y/N: yes sure!
SH: I'll tell him tonight then. And if it goes wrong, at least I'll have you!
Y/N: you'll always have me, no matter what!

I put my hand over her belly and add

Y/N: yes little bean! You're stuck with auntie Laura now! I am really sorry for you!
SH: onni, do you think I'll be a good mum?
Y/N: I have absolutely no doubts! You'll be the best and little bean will be the luckiest to have a mommy like you.

She finally smiles and touches her little flat belly. I am happy that she's reassured. At least for now. Every woman should feel happy to be pregnant with the fruit of her true love.

***time skip***

Some hours later, we finally arrive home, with some shopping bags. We thought of how she could tell Donghwan the smoothest way, and even though there was no smooth way to say it, we thought that maybe buying little baby shoes could help. And of course, we bought a matching pair for the future daddy and future mommy.

Once we arrive home we a greeted by a very happy Donghwan. He tells us all about his day at BigHit quarters and that it's being like a dream. He is the first member of that rock indie band BigHit is looking forward to create. And his contract is already in the making. We congratulate him and then he asks about our day. I use this opportunity to say that I was exhausted due to the jetlag probably and excuse myself to my room, leaving the door slightly open. Sunhee asked me to stay on standby if the conversation wouldn't go as planned.

SH: onni and I met for a coffee and then went shopping... wanna see what I have for you ?
DH: for me? Seriously? Oh man! You shouldn't have!

He takes the box out of the bag and sees his new pair of white sneakers!

DH: woua! They are gorgeous! Thank you baby!
SH: and look, I have matching ones! So that everyone can see that we are a couple.
DH: so cute! I really love it!
SH: and I guess this last box here, will be for in like 9 months...

She hands him the last box.

DH: 9 months? Like next year? Why are you already buying shoes for next...

Big silence. I guess he must have opened the box and found the answer to his questions. I was so nervous for them. So nervous of this silence. And then finally Donghwan blurted out:

DH: OMG!!!! Is this what I mean this is??? Am I going to be a ...a dad????

Next thing I know, I'm in the living room seeing an adorable couple hugging and crying and jumping around. I can't help but join them, laughing and crying and jumping and being truly happy for them. That went way better than expected!

*** time skip***

To celebrate, we went out to eat at our favorite galbitang place. I had never seen Donghwan so happy in my life and it was so pretty to see both of their eyes sparkle when talking about their future together. We were all kinda lost in day dreaming about how it will be to have a little bean around in less then 9 months when my phone started ringing.

그 사람 (keu saram = that person)

Oddly enough, I registered his number under that name. I don't know why. Maybe because I couldn't accept the reality of who it was? Maybe because I didn't know how act around him? Anyways. This name suited him well. It was as mysterious as he was. I picked up my phone, excused myself and and went out to accept the call.

Y/N: Yeobuseyo? (= hello?)
NJ: hey Y/N, how are you?
Y/N: fine thanks and you?
NJ: great! Uhm, listen Y/N I wanted to apologize for the behavior of my members today... they were kinda.. awkward
Y/N: hhhh no problem at all! I mean I guess they were just as surprised as I was!
NJ: yes probably... well anyways I talked with Bang PDnim for the contract...
Y/N: and?
NJ: he would like to talk to you in person... could you pass by at the agency tomorrow around 3pm?
Y/N: yes sure! Could you please send me the address?
NJ: yes of course... wait or I could send a car for you if you want?
Y/N: oh that won't be necessary thanks! I can get there don't worry!
NJ: sure? I mean where do you live? It might even be on my way... I Could hum..come and pick you up..
Y/N: I live close to Hapjong station

(red = hapjong ->Y/N// purple = Hannam Hill -> BTS dorm // blue = BigHit

(red = hapjong ->Y/N// purple = Hannam Hill -> BTS dorm // blue = BigHit . Y/N is totally NOT on his way)

NJ: yeah it's totally on my way! I'll send you the address of a discreate street nearby. I'll pick you up there at 2:15 pm okay?
Y/N: great! Thank you so so much! See you tomorrow then!