IX- The Rose

** POV Namjoon***

As I stretch in my bed and I think about yesterday's events, I can't help but chuckle. This Y/N definitely was something. As we were waiting for the sun to set, she ordered chimek (chicken and beer) and it was one of the most magical sunsets of my life. It was simply so refreshing to be myself and eat and laugh as much as I want. No camera, no idols, no fans, no appearances that had to be maintained. Just the old true me.
It was really amazing to be with a true person like Y/N too. Not once did she look at her phone, not once did she ask for a selfie or made me wonder why she was around. She really made me feel seen for who I am. And this feeling gives me butterflies.
If I'm honest yesterday when we realized how late it was and that we could not go back at that hour to Seoul in Scooter, I kind of hoped for that cliché scene where two people who are not a couple arrive to Motel and the receptionist says there is just one room left... but it did not happen. But the hug she gave me before entering her room and shutting her door behind her, made me skip a beat. It kept me awake for some time last night, but this morning, it simply gives me energy and a big fat smile that no matter how often I splash my face with water won't disappear.

As I'm lost in my thoughts about all of this could mean, I hear a light knuckle on the door. Going a little bit faster than what I would like, my feet take me to the door, and I can't help but smile when I see Y/N with a huge smile holding two drinks in her hand.

Y/N: Gooood morning! How did you sleep?
NJ: like a baby, you?
Y/N: me too! So today you can choose between an ice caramel macchiato or a hot caramel macchiato...
NJ: wouw! Boy do I have a big choice hahahhaa
Y/N: time to sweeten your life big boy haha

Her aura is really contagious, and I do wonder how life would be having her around all the time.

Y/N: so just checked on Naver ( Google maps doesn't work in Korea) and we are like 3 hours away from Seoul, and the meeting with Bang PDnim is at 3 pm... so basically we still have 2 hours to kill... anything you want to do ?
NJ: hum not really.. do you have anything in mind?
Y/N: well some years ago I had the best hike of my life here, but it took me all day... we will definitely need to come back for that later, but hum what about Chongchoho Hosugkongwon ?
NJ: oh I don't know that place, is it outdoors?
Y/N: yeah it's a beautiful lake connected directly to the sea and it has a beautiful environment!
NJ: sounds really nice...but.. I can't really walk freely... it's Korea... my face is on every coffee can..
Y/N: hum true, forgot about that... and if we disguise you?
NJ: what disguise are you thinking of ?
Y/N: well, sunglasses, face mask... and maybe a hat? Or I could make some eyeliner tattoos on you hahaha could also paint a moustache if you want

NJ: hahaha I think I'll pass on the moustache, but the rest why not...
Y/N: awesome, well let me in, sit down and chose your Tattoo dear Mister Namjoon
NJ: you can also call me Joon if you prefer...

*** POV Y/N***

Keep it together Y/N! Why does my heart skip so many beats lately? Am I taking too much coffee? Namjoon's sweet gaze simply makes me melt. And he has been such a kind soul to me. Last night, after the sunset, we stayed at the beach for a while and we simply star gazed. But when he put his jacket over me as I trembled because of the cold air of the night, I did feel the butterflies in my stomach. I know I shouldn't, and I know I should stay away from him, but it's like I'm in a spiderweb, and even though I know that this will be the end of me, I simply can't walk away. It's not only how he makes me feel, but also how he looks at me. As if I'm his link to the real world, as if I'm his only chance to enjoy true life and the joy of little things in life...

NJ: so, I know what I want as a fake eyeliner tattoo
Y/N: awesome show me

NJ: so, I know what I want as a fake eyeliner tattooY/N: awesome show me

Y/N: Uh! A rose! I love it ! does it have a meaning for you?
NJ: yes ... " La vie en Rose "

His look at this moment just made my heart skip another beat. La vie en Rose was the song I sang the first night we met. It was kind of because of this song that we met. And the fact that he reflected on that and wanted it tattooed on him, even if it was temporary made with waterproof eyeliner, made me think that all that I was feeling at the moment was maybe reciprocated by him. As I couldn't find anything intelligent to add to this, he chuckled.

NJ: I hope this is just the beginning of an amazing adventure. You being my teacher, my guide, my work colleague and my friend... You'll make me discover your word, and I'll make you discover mine. And I hope this journey, this chapter in our lives will be as harmonious as this song... This is if you accept the contract of course... have you decided yet?
Y/N: I think so...
NJ: so?
Y/N: I guess you'll have to wait until 3 PM Joon.