III - I am ...

POV Namjoon

I sight as I see the name on my phone as it continues ringing.

Jin: Aren't you going to pick up?

NJ:... I don't know what to tell him...

Yoongi: It's partially your fault you know...

NJ: I WAS DRUNK! AND I THOUGHT SO WAS HE!

Hoseok : You should have known better (pats Namjoon's back)

JK: hyung... why don't you try to reason with him..

Namjoon : ... already tried... but there is no use to it... you know how he is... once he's got an idea, he goes to the very end of it!

Yoongi: ... you're doomed my friend. Better accept your fate quickly. It's not like it's going to change.

This words being said, Yoongi stands up, the other members as well and they leave me alone in my studio. Yep Yoongi was right. I'm doomed.

I can't control my sight once I hear my phone ringing again. I gotta face it anyways...

NJ: Yes Bang PDnim?

BPD: Namjoon! Happy you finally dared to pick up your phone! You haven't forgotten about tonight right?

NJ: PDnim... actually... wouldn't it be better to reconsider...?

BPD: No Namjoo! The decision is taken! It's a grandiose idea! You told me it was a fantastic idea just 3 days ago! Are you having cold feet?

NJ: ... It's not that .... it's just.. I do understand that you want to expand the compagny, and I am really willing to help you with all I can. Really! Even going to talent shows like tonight... But... PDnim... you're willing to form a rock band, a girl band, solo artists, actors... you have an unending list! I mean that's great to see the company evolving in all the fields... but wouldn't it be wise to do one thing at the time?

BPD: Namjoon-ah... If you go with that kind of mindset you won't go far in this business! Listen son, if I had had that kind of mindset, You and I wouldn't be where we are today... Am I wrong?

NJ: ... No.. but..

BPD : No but! We're going to pick you up at 7.30. I don't wanna miss that guitarist! He would be perfect for our Rock band! End of the call.

I sight for a hundredth time and let my head fall on the table. Why must I be his right hand?? Why?? Aish~~~ What a pain!

****

MC : Ladies and Gentlemen, I ask you to give a warm welcome to our next Artist : Kim DongHwan!

I see a frail figure advance in the middle of the stage, the MC gives him the mic, but the poor boy is so nervous, looking in all directions, I'm actually afraid he's going to fait. And that is supposed to be the main guitarist for Bang PDnim? Did he really just make me lose my precious time over a poor panicked boy? I'm about to tell Bang PDnim that this was really a waste of my time when I hear the girl sitting in the same row shouting her heart out to cheer her friend.

Touching. Hope it helps. I look at him, and indeed... He seems like another person on stage... interesting.. might not be a waste of time after all. He explains that there was an incident with the singer. And asks the same young lady to come on stage and sing. Suddenly the girl starts to disappear in her seat. The audience shouts her name as she seems to want to die more and more... She might need a little bit of help as well...

NJ: What are you waiting for? Your friend needs you!

She looks at me and kind of resurrects... she stands up and walks to the stage. While sitting beside me in the darkness, I could already tell she was pretty. But now, on stage fully illuminated, I was mesmerized. I was glad that this was not a TV Show where my reaction would have been filmed. My reaction would have gone viral otherwise. This woman, in her white dress, was mesmerizing, an angelic view.

Wasn't Bang PDnim looking for models as well? With this Woman, his success would be guaranteed.

While they get ready, I just have time to get Pdnim's attention, point at her and say«You've found your model". He nods, indicating he had had the same idea. And she starts singing. I'm shocked. I can't take my eyes of her. La vie en Rose. I don't understand French, but the emotion she is able to communicate with her singular voice, makes me feel what it's all about. It's like i hold my breath the whole song. Like she was singing it just for me. And I feel like something breaks inside of me once the song ends. I want to hear more. No I need to hear more!

BPD : After the Show, I take the guitarist, you take the girl.

I can't even concentrate on the rest of the show. I couldn't wait for it to be over. I wanted to hear her again. I wanted to see her again.

Finally over! Finally we rush back stage and finally I am able to lay my eyes on her again. She is twirling in that guitarist arms. She was really beautiful already panicked, and I hadn't imagined she could be even more beautiful. But it was possible. Now relaxed, happy and smiling, she was really to die for. Where they together? Oddly I feel something I hadn't felt in years. I wanted to be noticed. I have been living for so long in the spotlight I was actually dying to be unnoticed. I'm RM. BTS' RM. I'm super famous worldwide. I've been praying for people not to see me. To have just a normal life where no one knows me. And stupidly, I wanted this girl to see me. To smile at me. To sing to me. To laugh at me.

I continue to approach them and am able to hear them talk by now.

Him: You were amazing! Gosh Y/N! You should really go to auditions and castings! You could really be a singer with your amazing voice!

She : Uhum, yes of course, quit mocking me will you!

Him: I'm dead serious! He said finally putting her down.

Me: He's right, you have an amazing voice and great talent."

I didn't mean to mingle in their conversation. I just couldn't stay quiet anymore. They both look at me. She bows and murmurs a little thank you while blushing a bit.

I look at Bang PDnim and give him a quick nod, letting him know to proceed with our plan.

"Is there somewhere we could talk?" he asks the guitarist.

Both of them leave, and suddenly I kinda feel nervous.

"So if I heard it right, your name is Y/N?

- Yes...

-His girlfriend?

-No not at all! His best friend...(Don't show your relief Namjoon-ah I tell myself) I don't know where his girlfriend is actually... she just disappeared.. I should see if I can find her! (No! Don't go!)

- Can I come with you? (I won't let you slip away!)

She looks at me with confusion.

- I... (quick! find something!)... I don't really want to stand here alone... that's why.... (seriously?)

-Sure why not... you would be more useful if you were able to see anything actually (wut?)... can you even see with your sunglasses in the middle of the night?"

Ah... yeah.. my disguise not to be recognized.. euhm.. How will she react when she'll know it's me? Time to regain a bit of confidence Namjoon-ah!

I take my sunglasses off, trying to be as charming as possible and flushing her a gentle smile.

"I'm Kim Namjoon. Nice to meet you Y/N"