XII - The Meeting

POV Y/N

I didn't really know how to dress for this meeting. It would be the first one of a very long series, and I did want to look smart and professional, but at the same time, casual. I opted for a black jean, a white shirt and a black blazer. Considered high heels for a while, but then remembered I was supposed to go furniture shopping with Namjoon in the afternoon and took a more comfortable option.
So here I am, at 9:20 waiting for a car that will take me to my first official workday. Even though I already met all the BTS members, the encounter had been so surreal and brief that I'm feeling really nervous now, knowing the meeting will be with them.
I see a black SUV stop in front of me and the driver's car door opens. A smiling young man comes out and introduces himself.

..: Hi Miss Y/N, my name is Kang Maru and I will be your personal assistant from now on! Please take good care of me.
He bows at me at extends a hand in a very respectful way.
Wow so much respect even though he was probably my age, or even a bit older.

Y/N: Hello Kang Maru-ssi, nice to meet you! Please drop the is, just Y/N ok?
M: Will do, thank you. If you will ( he opens the door for me) I don't want you to be late because of me.

I thank him and enter the car, once he's driving, I try to start the conversation. If he's to be my personal assistant, I want him to be at ease with me.

Y/N: I didn't know I would have a personal assistant. This all so knew for me. Please be patient with me. I'll do my best to learn quickly!
M: Don't worry! It will be my job to make life the easiest possible to you.
Y/N: What exactly is your role?
M: hum a little bit of everything. From reminding you of your schedules, getting you wherever you need to go, run errands, anything really. Your words are my commands.

His good mood is contagious. I feel honored to be "gifted" a personal assistant and hope he will like to work with me as well. Secretly I hope I will never become that type of person that makes him run around for trivial errands.

We arrive and before I leave the car, he tries to run out to open the door for me.
Y/N:It's okay Kang maru-ssi, I can open the door myself. ( I say jokingly) You really can relax with me. See me as your colleague not your superior ok?
M: Alright Miss Y/N, thank you.
Y/N: Please drop the Miss! I'm Y/N to you ok, Kang Maru-ssi?
M: OK, then please call me only Maru as well!

I nod grateful to see him relax and start to feel at ease with me.
M: Oh and Y/N?
Y/N: Yes?
M: Fighting!

I smile as I leave the car and thank him for driving me here. As I'm still trying to gather my courage, before entering the building, a black van stops by my side and the door opens immediately. And my heart skips a bit. In front of me, Namjoon is smiling ear to ear, visibly happy to see me. I feel like the moment freezes for a while, but not before long, I hear the guys' voices in Namjoon's back trying to hurry him out of the van and make room for them to get out as well.

As they get out and see me, all of them make distinct noises understanding what was stalling Namjoon at the van's door.

Y/N: Hi! Good to see you all again.
JM: Good to see you too. Are you also coming to the meeting?
I look at Namjoon confused.
Y/N: They don't know yet?
N: Nope, it's a surprise. BangPDnim wanted to explain it himself.
Y/N: Oh I see...

I turn back to Jimin and answer then is question.
Y/N: Yes I am...
JN: So, I guess you won't tell what this is all about, so I suggest we go up and find out finally?

Jin shows the entrance in an inviting way, so as to tell everyone it is time to go in.

I let them go first and follow behind, but Taehyung and Jungkook walk slowly to accompany me at my pace.
JK: Is this meeting about they telling us you'll be our teacher?
V: No can't be... this would be a too trivial thing for BangPDnim to convoke us to... he would have simply called at best...

They look at me curious waiting for me to tell them.
Y/N: I'm sure your curiosity will be satisfied by the end of the meeting.
I try to give them an innocent smile and they laugh at my poor attempt, realizing they would not get any answer out of me.