Three: Daddy issues? Maddy issues.

"Get out Fezco, and don't mess with her again" Nate says retreating back to me after punching Fez. "I just wanted to talk man" he defends himself. "Doesn't matter. Now get the hell out bro" Nate says pointing hard at the door. "What ever man" Fezco says throwing up his hands.

    Fez leaves and now its just Nate and I. "Still wanna go to the party?" I ask him. He shakes his head as he runs his fingers through his hair. "Perfectly fine with me. Well I'm going to get out of this mess" I say motioning up and down my body. "Mess? Babe you look hot" he chuckles. "Wanna stay?" I ask. "Yeah, I really don't want Fezco coming back so ill be here to protect you" He says messing with his hands. He is still so awkward and doesn't know what to say after almost 4 years together.

    I walk back to my room to get undressed from what I'm wearing. I grab some comfy clothes and set them on my bed. Ive taken my top off when I hear my bedroom door open. In instinct I use my arms to cover myself. "It's just me Indi" Nate says quietly. "You scared me. And why are you being quiet?" I ask. "Hazel just got home" he responds. "You know you dont have to be quiet right? Hazel's room is downstairs" I say to the boy being quiet. "Just forgot" he tells me awkwardly.

I finish getting undressed and put on a cropped tank, no bra obviously, and a pair of spandex.

After finishing getting dressed I lay down on my bed. "I hate this place" I say out of no where. Nate comes beside me and lays down as well. I scoot closer to him and I put my head on his chest with his arms wrapped around me. "Me too Indi, me too" he agrees. "What if we just disappear for a little, like get out of this town and look around?" I ask him looking up at the ceiling. "You know we cant because of our sports" he says moving the hand that was on my back up and down. "I know I just- I don't know Nate everyone hates me, well and you!" I attempt to explain to him. "Yeah I know Indi. Lets just work on that, let people have the chance to like us" he says to me. This is not the Nate Jacobs we all know. "This isnt you Nate, what's going on?" I question him sitting up. "I dont want to end up like my fucking dad" he says letting go of me. "Hey if I have anything to deal with it, you wont" I say with a reassuring smile. "Do not change for other people Nate, you may be a dick at times but just let your sweet side shine through sometimes you know?" I tell him. He just nods and puts his arm back over me.

    Something is going on with this boy, and I will figure it out.

    I pull out of Nate's grip to go get a bottle of water. "Where are you going?" Nate asks me whispering. "I didnt mean to wake you, I'm thirsty so I was going to go to the kitchen for a water, do you want one too?" I ask him quietly. He shakes his head no. "Well Ill be right back" I say getting up from the bed.

    I open the fridge and grab a water bottle. When I close the fridge door Hazel is standing there behind it.

    "Holy shit Haze" I gasp placing my free hand on my chest. "Sorry I didn't mean to scare you" she says with a sad look on her face. "What's wrong?" I ask pulling her into a hug. "I had a bad dream" she tells me quietly. "Did you go see mom?" I asked. I feel her shake her head no. "She never came home Indigo" She informs me pulling away from out hug. "Here I'm going to go ask Nate if it is okay if you spend the night with us okay?" I tell her bending down to her level. "Okay" she responds hushed as she rubs her eyes.

    "Hey Nate?" I ask opening my door to reveal my light up room. "What's up" he says sitting up. "Hazel had a bad dream so would you mind if she came in here and slept on the couch or something?" I ask Nate. "Sure yeah thats fine" he tells me with a smile. Nate sees Hazel as daughter or sister at times like when we have to take care of her when my mom is out who knows where.

    I take Hazel's hand and lead her to my bedroom.

    "Hi Nate" she waves at the boy in my bed. "Hey Hazel, you come to sleep in here tonight?" He asks her. "Yeah I had a bad dream" she tells him with a frown. "Awe I'm sorry to hear that" Nate says sympathetically. He is always so sweet with her.

    Hazel gets settled on my bedroom couch and falls asleep not too long after laying down.

    Nate and I are just laying there in bed facing each other just looking at another. "You know I love you right?" Nate asks me quietly as he runs his hand through my hair. "I do" I say with a smile. He reaches closer to me and kisses me softly.

    "Nate... what's up with you? You've been a little different" I tell him. He stops running his hands through my hair. Great I've pissed him off. "Nothing is wrong. Everything is fine, actually things are going great thats why I've been in such a good mood" he says trying to keep quiet. "You usually are just- I don't know" I mumble turning over on my back. "I'm fine Indi, everything is okay" he tells me before kissing me on the head.

    We just lay there a minute in silence.

    Ring
    Ring
    Ring

I pick up my phone to find Maddy calling me.

    I stand up from my bed and give Nate a worried look before jumping out of bed and going outside on my balcony. Hazel wont be able to hear me from out here so she wont wake up.

    "Hey its late, everything okay?" I ask concerned into the phone. I also hear a tap at the glass and I turn around to see Nate at the door. I motion for him to come out.

    "You fucking bitch!" Maddy shouts into the phone.

    "What the hell Maddy?!" I say trying to keep my cool. Nate looks over at me with wide eyes.

    "You're seriously with Nate!"

    "We have been dating for almost 4 years now Maddy" I say calmly into the phone

    "I didn't think you were serious when you said you guys were hooking up and making it official!"

    "Are you drunk right now?"

    "Hell no, Indigo stay away from him I will fucking hurt you and so will he" Maddy says before hanging up the phone.

    What the fuck was that.

    "What did she want?" Nate asks me. I just shut my eyes in shock. My best friend of so long did not believe that I had a boyfriend and now she is pissed at me for it? "Maddy didn't believe we were together when we first started dating and now she just figured it out..." I say still in shock. "What the- how?" He says to me. "No idea" I tell him shaking my head.