Four: slow day

"Indi, wake up its 8:00 am" Nate says shaking me awake. I sit up still half asleep. "What if I just don't go in today?" I say scratching my head. "Indi" Nate says sternly. I just roll my eyes

I remember that Hazel spent the night in here last night so I look to the couch and find she isn't there.

"Where is Hazel?" I ask getting out of bed panicking. Nate just laughs. "I got her ready for school like an hour ago, the bus came by already" he says with a huge smile on his face. This boy has really changed from when we first met. "You could have woken me up Nate" I say walking over to my closet. "It's fine, I enjoy it" he tells me.

"Now that you wont need to pick up Maddy, wanna ride with me to school?" He asks me as I rummage through my closet for an outfit. "Sure why not" I say looking through the clothes. I found a cute pink sweater and a white tennis skirt.

I throw the clothes on and finish getting ready.

"Ready?" I ask Nate as I come out of the bathroom. He nods and puts his shoes on. I do the same.

We get into his truck and head to the school. I am not ready for today like at all. Maddy is going to be pissed but I'm not going to break up with Nate just to stay friends with her, thats just not going to happen.

Nate gets out of the truck and comes over to my side to open the door. He can tell that I'm nervous about today while I grab my bag.

"It will all be find Indi" Nate reassures me grabbing my hand. "Yeah I guess your right" I admit.

We walk in the building and like always everyone turns their heads to Nate and his girlfriend. They all see him as royalty but me as just another person they don't like. Wondering why people don't like me? Well it is all because I slept with Nate Jacobs when I was a freshman visiting. They are all jealous of me, thats all it is.

Nate walks over to his locker which is just a few down since we have close last names. I put away some homework for some of my later classes and grab another pencil since I lost my other one. I shut my locker and turn around to walk over to Nate. But to my surprise Maddy is walking full speed at me.

"You bitch!" She shouts and throws a fist at me but is pulled away by Nate before her hand makes contact with my face. Like I said I'm absolutely untouchable.

"Let go of me you asshole!" She shouts again Nate drops her so one of the teachers can take her. "Indigo, I will fucking come for you!!!" She shouts as she gets dragged to the office. Wow, all of that because I'm with Nate. Which I have been for 4 years practically.

I just stand there shocked and then Cassie, Kat, and Lexi walk up beside me.

"Bro Indi, what did you do?" Kat asked. "She just figured out I am dating Nate" I say turning so I can look at all of them. Their faces drop. "She didnt know?" Lexi asks. I just shake my head. "I think she still likes him..." I tell the group of girls. "Well does Nate still like her?" Cassie asks with a concerned look on her face. "I sure as hell hope not" I say to them.

Just as I'm about to speak the bell rings for us to get to class. With that I head over to my first class.

The day goes by horribly slow, I get called to the principals office about 4 times.

Once school has ended I go over to Nate's locker to wait for him like usual.

    "Hey" he says, no smile, nothing, walking up to his locker and opening it. I just assume it is because it is still school hours so I just shrug it off.

    "I'm not going to practice today so Ill just wait for you to get done" he tells me shutting his locker. "Why aren't you going?" I ask him. "It doesn't matter" he says slamming his hand onto the metal locker before walking away. This usually would upset me but I've grown to get used to it. I'm dating Nate Jacobs, I should be by now.

    I make the walk to the locker rooms in our sports complex to get changed. I change then head out to the track where we will be running and practicing today.

    After practice I hurry to get changed and walk over to the parking lot where Nate's truck is.

    I open the door and get in. He is silent, doesn't say a word. Back to the Nate we all know.

    I know by now not to talk to him when he is upset but I just cant shake this off for some reason.

    "What happened, is ev-" I start but am cut of by him slamming his hand on the steering wheel. "Drop it!" He shouts. I just shake my head and roll my eyes. "Have something to say?" He questions. I do matter of fact. "Yeah Nate I do have something to say. You have been so nice and loving the past few days and now all of a sudden you're back to the good ole Nate Jacobs everyone knows! I deal with you on a daily Nate, even when you're pissed. I don't freak out on you like you do me. It's getting old Nate" I tell him getting out of the car. Thankfully we are only like 2 minutes away from my house. "Get back in the car Indi!" He shouts out the window. "Fuck off Nate" I shout back. "Indigo!" He shouts at me. I just stop in my tracks. You know when you make him mad when he uses your full name.