Six: Another apology

"Practice today was good, and I would love to see you guys at the game Friday night" I tell the middle school girls dismissing them from practice. They all chatter and head outside to leave.

I walk on over to my car after waiting for the girls' parents to get them. I get into my car and head home.

"Hey mom" I say as I walk in my front door. I set my keys on a table next to the door.

"You're not going anywhere tonight are you Indi?" My mother asks me as I walk to the kitchen. I shake my head. "I wasn't planning on it why?" I ask her. "We are getting a lot of rain so I dont want you out in it" she says to me as she scrubs the dishes. "Alright, well I'm going to go to my room and do some homework" I tell her making my way to the stairs. She just gives me a thumbs up.

I have the whole upstairs level for myself so its like a mini apartment and its nice. I have a little kitchen and everything, the kitchen may be just a smaller fridge, microwave, and a sink with a counter but its still nice. I go over to my living room area and just lay down letting a few tears slip. I regret what I've said to Nate, I really miss him. I get snapped out of my thoughts when I get a text message.

Nate❤️
Come outside

What the fuck? Is he outside my house right now? Plus its raining, I'm not going out there, he can also be lying so yeah no. I throw my phone back down and let my tears roll again. My phone buzz's again.

Nate❤️
Indigo get your ass out here please

I mean at least he said please. I go over to one of my big ass windows and I look out to see Nate's truck outside. I hold up one finger to tell him ill be out in a minute.

I hurry over down stairs and throw on a pair of Crocs. "Where are you going?" My mother asks me. "Nates outside" I respond to her.

I run outside trying not to get soaked and I jump into Nate's truck.

We sit there in silence with me shivering because of how cold the rain was, the coldness of his car isn't helping.

"Indi I wanted to apologize again" he tells me in a low hushed voice. I sit there rubbing my arms to warm up. Nate I guess notices and throws one of his hoodies at me. I accept it because of how fucking cold I was and throw it over my body.

    "Ive never meant to hurt you ever" he tells me quietly looking down at his hands on the lower part of the steering wheel.

    "I know Nate" I tell him pulling my knees up to my chest. We just sit in silence for a moment. "I miss you" he says to me turning to face me. I just hide my face in my knees.

    "Indigo, look at me" he says softly. He never apologizes first. I turn my head to look at him with a sad expression. "Do you promise?" I ask him holding out my pinky. "Promise" He responds and wraps his pinky around mine. With that I climb over the center console and sit on his lap facing him.

    He leans in to kiss me but I don't kiss him, holding still, leaving a little room. "I missed you too" I whisper before leaning into his lips.

    We are heavily making out due to not being in each others presence for a little. We pull away to get a breath of air.

    "Can I stay tonight?" He asks me as we catch our breath. "Yes" I say pausing before speaking again. Nate has a big smile on his face but I'm quickly about to shoot that down knowing why he's smiling. "But no. You can stay nothing more" I smile before taping him on the nose. "Indi, please?" He asks me. I just giggle. "Nate, its a school night. We always stay up late after and we have school tomorrow" I say as I run my fingers through his hair. "We don't have to go you know" He try's to reason with me. I give him a look. His lips tighten. "You get to drive to school tomorrow" I smile tilting my head attempting to make him happier. "Deal" he gives in.

    We walk through the rain inside. All the lights were off when we went in. "What time is it?" I whisper to Nate. "8:00" He tells me almost like its a question. "God damn" I say walking to the stairs.

    We run up the stairs and flop down on the couch in my living area laughing.

    "I have an idea" I tell Nate trying to compose my laughter. "Huh" he responds laughing a little. Nate said something funny on the way upstairs and it just has us rolling. I stand up and throw his hoodie off of my body, then my t-shirt and my shorts until I'm just in my underwear. Nate looks me up and down. "Shower?" I ask him holding out my hand. "You said-" he trys to say but I interrupted him. "Showering and making out, no sex" I say running to my bathroom. I make it almost to the bathroom when I hear heavy steps behind me. Nate snatches me up and kisses my neck.

    "You know what?" I ask him. "Hmm" he mumbles as he kisses my neck. "I love this side of you" I tell him as I turn on the shower. "I know" he says between kisses and he reaches his hand down to my lower area just resting it there. "Nate" I say pulling his hand back up. "But its not sex" he complains. "Kisses only" I say in a weird low voice crossing my arms to make an X.

    We jump into the shower.