Eight: Him

"Thank you for dinner tonight Nate" I say as I get into his truck buckling myself. "Anything for you" he jokes. "That's the way It should be" I joke back.

    Nate and I laugh and joke all the way back to my house.

    "Do you want to just spend the night with me tonight?" I ask him unbuckling my seatbelt. "Yeah I'm sure, wanna come to mine?" He asks me in return. "Nate" I say quietly. I know about Cal's tapes, now whenever I'm around him it's awkward. "Indi, I know but please? You haven't stayed for months" he pleads.

    I give in. "Fine" I roll my eyes, a smile stretches across his face. "I need to grab my uniform and clothes though okay?" I say to him. He nods. "Want me to come with?" He asks me. I shrug my shoulders, "Only if you want" I say opening the door.

    I hurry inside and run up to my room to grab my uniform and clothes.

    "He should be in his room, and my mom not 100%" he tells me opening the front door. I just nod trying to be quiet.

    "What are you two doing out so late?" A voice says from the couch as Nate and I try to sneak up the stairs. "Oh we just got back from dinner Mrs Jacobs" I say turning around with a smile hoping she's not pissed. "Are you staying dear?" Marsha asks me. "Yes ma'am" I tell her politely. "Well good, you haven't been around for a while" she says before going back to read.

    We walk into Nates room and he flops down on his bed. I go over and lay on top of him.

    "Tired?" I ask the boy laying his chest up to the ceiling with me on it. "Yeah, sorry" He tells me quietly. "Dont be sorry" I tell him as I get off of him.

    "Nate?" I ask walking back into his bedroom with a towel on my head. "Yeah?" he responds putting on a pair of underwear. "I'm getting up at like 7 because I need to get ready earlier so ill try and not to wake you" I tell him taking the towel off my head and brushing through my hair. "Just wake me up with you" he says to me crawling into bed and throwing the covers over me. Once he's settled he opens his arms wide wanting me to come lay down.

    "Nate you need your sleep" I tell him. "It's fine" he says to me. I just shake my head and get into the bed.

            I wake up to the sound of someone leaving the front of the house, probably Cal. Ugh. I grab my phone and looks at the time, 6:00am. Slowly I get out of bed hoping not to wake up Nate but I quickly fail when I try to move his hand off of my waist.

    "Morning" Nate says with his morning voice, that makes me weak. He knows its my weakness too. "Nate I swear" I say getting up and throwing a blanket over my shoulders. "It's six Indi, we could?" He try's to convince me. "Go brush your teeth then" I tell him crossing my arms. On of my biggest pet peeves is morning breath.

    Nate laughs and gets up quickly running to the bathroom. 2 minutes later he comes running back in to the bedroom practically tackling me to the bed.

    I give him a kiss seeing if he actually did it. And to my surprise he did. Nate gets straight to the point and trails his hands down my body. Nate is about to slide down his boxers when I open the drawer of his bedside table to get a condom out, I hold it up infront of my face.

    "Really?" He groans. "Nate I'm not getting fucking pregnant" I roll my eyes. He listens and puts it on.

    "Does this look fine?" I ask Nate walking back into his room with my cheerleading uniform on but the catch for the first game is always 'Jersey day'. That means all the girls get a jersey from one of the football boys and wears it during school hours. Of course I chose Nate to let me wear his so I am.

    "Hell yeah" he says sitting down on his bed looking me up and down. "That's what I thought" I chuckle.

    "Let me get a picture of you two" Marsha says before we head out the door. "Mom no" Nate complains. "Come on Nathaniel" she snaps at him placing a hand on her hip. Nate just shakes his head and looks down before placing an arm lightly around my waist, he doesn't like showing affection towards me in front of family which I get.

    When Nate and I walk in the usual heads turn, its getting old that people think Nate and I are terrible people.

    "See you last period?" I ask Nate. "Sure will" he winks jokingly as he walks off to his 1st one.

    "Hey girls!" I shout greeting all of my teammates. "Tonight we are going to cheer our hearts out okay?" I say to them placing my hands together. "We are also down a flyer so Cass, you will fill in for Maddy" I state. Her eyes go wide. "You don't have to" I say feeling bad. "No, no I will I'm just shocked" she says placing a hand over her chest.

                Skip because I don't know shit about football

        We hit every stunt we threw tonight. Nothing fell, and nothing shook.

    "The score is now 47 to 30!" The announcer shouts. The cheerleading team cheers and the football team sets up their next play. Nate runs the ball making the last point of the game and scoring the most. The crowd goes wild. The thing Nate loved the most when it comes to sports was to win, and that he did. He throws his helmet off and cheers for himself by yelling and flexing. His teammates come and surround him.

    I jump up and down shaking my Pom Poms. I'm looking for Nate and I assume he is in the middle of the mob on the field. Shortly after watching for a little he pops out of the crowd and comes running towards me. I drop everything I have in my hands and run at him. When I get closer I cant tell if it is sweat or tears under his eyes, I just go with sweat because in all of the years we've dated I have only seen him cry a handful of times.

    "I'm proud of you" I say in our hug trying to keep my shock under control. The most we've done in front of his parents were side hugging and now he picked me up and I have my legs wrapped around him. "You never hug me like this, everything okay?" I ask him pulling my head out of his shoulder. "Everything is perfect" he tells me out of breath.

    Oh how much I love this boy.