Twelve: G

After leaving Nate's bathroom I grabbed my stuff and started to walk home. I'm almost home when I hear a car behind me honking its horn.

"Indi get in the truck!" I hear Nate's voice say from behind me in the vehicle. "Fuck off Nate" I shout still walking towards my house. "Indi come one" he pleads. "No Nate, because you cant be like that. And where is all the attitude from?" I tell him stopping in my tracks. "First it's 'Indi I love you' then it's 'Indi let's have sex even though my parents are down stairs'" I mock his voice turning to face his truck. "I don't talk like that Indigo" he tells me obviously getting upset like he should.  "You have to be shitting me" I scoff. I turn away from his truck ignoring what he is saying to me.

"Fezco?" I ask throughout the little gas station. "He not here right now" a boy named Ashtray says coming to the counter. "Where is he?" I ask the kid. "What do you want?" He questions. "I came to apologize" I say stepping towards the counter. "And why would you do that?" He asks me. "For all the shit I've said and done towards him and Rue" I say placing my hand on the counter. Ash walks towards the back and opens a fridge door and disappears. Not like disappear disappear because I know there is stuff back there, I'm not stupid. It's just the best way to put it.

"What you want G?" Fezco asks me stepping towards me. When Fez and I were close he would always call me G because Indigo was too much for him to say. "I just wanna apologize for the shit I did" I say looking up at him. "It wasn't cool G" he tells me. "When Rue OD'D I wasn't sure what to do, Fez. I panicked. I didn't want to be next" I explain to him. "You still didn't need to shut us out, G" he says to me crossing his arms.

Wondering what I'm talking about? Well let me get started. Rue and I used to be best friends but we slowly drifted. We used to do drugs together quite a bit and that was during a rough patch of Nate and I's relationship. I now don't use that much only when I'm alone or had a really bad day. Nate doesn't know I use. I mean I know he does them sometimes but he doesn't know I do. We promise to not have secrets from each other but we keep many secrets from each other. But the problem is Nate sucks at keeping things from me. For instance his dads tapes, especially the one with Jules. Do I know who else knows of it? No. Will I find out? Yes. There is a lot of things Nate doesn't know about me. I'm not the perfect girl he thinks I am, I'm far from it.

    "I know I shouldn't have Fez, I got scared. But now I'm sobered up" I lie at the last part. "G" he says giving me a 'seriously' look. "Whatever. Maybe like Xanny once in a while" I confess. "Indigo!" He says shocked. Fezco was very protective of me like Nate is now, he was like the brother I never had. I don't get why he's mad because Fez is a drug dealer. Shouldn't he be happy I was buying from him?

    "I'm sorry. I really am. I never meant to shut you guys out and never meant for the other stuff to happen" I tell him trying for him to accept my apology. "Can we be good again? I promise to never do that again" I say to him. He opens his arms. I walk into his arms and wrap my arms around his waist. How much I've missed this. I take a minute to take in the familiar scent.

    "Ive missed you G" Fez finally says. "Ive missed you too Fez" I tell him pulling away from our hug.

    "Tell Rue I'm sorry?" I ask him heading over towards the door. I have to leave because Hazel texted me and said something was important. "Yuh" he responds. "See you later Fez" I smile heading out the door.

    "Hazel?" I shout when I walk inside, I don't get a response. I immediately go to look around the house for her. All lights were off besides the one downstairs.

    "Haze?" I ask walking down the stairs. My head turns quickly to her closed bedroom door when I hear giggling. What the hell?

    I open the door to see her laughing and playing on her iPad with Nate next to her on the floor. "What's wrong Haze?" I ask closing the door behind me. "Oh Nate came by" she says with a smile looking up at me. "That was the thing that was so important?" I ask trying to keep my cool. "Yeah I thought you would want to see him" she says looking over at Nate who is looking up at me with a straight almost slightly mad face. "Haze, I was busy" I say faking a smile. "With who?" Nate asks quickly almost cutting me off. "That doesn't matter babe" I say to Nate still faking a smile. I never call Nate babe when its us, I only call him that when I'm trying to convince my sister everything is okay between us.

    "I'm going to talk with your sister outside okay Haze?" Nate says standing up and grabbing my arm roughly. "But its raining" she mentions looking back down at her iPad. "Oh it'll be alright" I reassure her.

    "Who the fuck were you with Indigo!" Nate shouts pulling me out the front door. His grip is hard on my wrist. "It doesn't matter!" I yell back in his face. "You're mine Indigo, no one else's. Who were you with" He yells at me tightening his grip, I whimper. At this point we are both screaming at each other.

    "Nate your hurting me!" I tell him. He lets go but I don't see a look of sorrow in his face, just madness. "It was Fezco, okay?" I shout at him. "Don't think it's anything else either Nathaniel. I love you and I'm pissed at you but that doesn't mean I'm going to fucking cheat!" I yell. "Then what were you doing?" He questions now not yelling. "I was apologizing for things" I say trying not to expose myself. I'm going to have to tell him sometime but I'm not sure when.

    "Like what?" He asks crossing his arms. "That I was sorry for pushing Rue and him out" I say exhaling. "He was the older brother I never had, Nate. I couldn't go any longer hating him because you do" I tell him closing my eyes hoping for the best. Instead of feeling pain I felt soft lips against mine.