⊳eight

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

chapter eight: grade 1

◣──•~❉᯽❉~•──◢

"Hey! There you are,"

Pausing in the hall, Sora turned slightly when she heard a familiar voice. Her lips pulled into a smile when she saw Kameyo jogging towards her, clumsily slipping her arms through her jacket as she did. The white-haired girl smiled as she stopped in front of her, offering a smile.

"So where did you end up going last night?" She asked. "I was honestly scared to lie to your Mom about it."

"Ah, it was nothing," Sora shook her head, shrugging. "I was supposed to meet someone, but they didn't end up showing."

"What for?" Kameyo asked.

"Just some...personal stuff—it wasn't a hookup, so don't even think that," Sora rolled her eyes.

"Nah, I know you would never," Kameyo nudged her with her elbow. "You're not really into guys, are you?"

"Some," Sora replied, scratching her chin. "I'm more into girls."

"I know," Kameyo giggled. "You send me pictures of girls' Instagrams all the time."

"Okay, but you have to admit, that one red-haired girl was so hot!" Sora said.

"Dude, my Mom has red hair,"

"And? Your Mom is really hot too,"

"Hey! Don't call my Mom hot!"

"You better watch out, Kame," Sora grinned. "I could be your new stepmom."

"Ew, that's so gross!" The girl cried, shoving Sora away from her. The other girl laughed, shaking her head as she walked back to her friend's side.

"Girl, you're literally the one who said my Mom was a milf," She said, eyeing the brown-haired girl in the corner of her eye.

"I mean...your Dad is pretty hot too. Actually—your whole family is hot. It's really not fair," Kameyo said.

The corner of Sora's pink lips turned upward. She moved her long white hair over her shoulder, looking at Kameyo over the rim of her black glasses. Her cerualean eyes gleamed in amusement.

"It's a Gojo thing," She giggled.

"Oh, shut up!" Kameyo said.

The two girls' laughter filled the hall as they walked towards their classes to start the day. When they arrived at the classroom, they were greeted by their two other classmates.

"Goodmorning, Sora-chan!"

A boy stood up, brushing his blonde hair back from his face. His dark blue eyes met Sora's brighter ones, his cheeks turning a slight pink color. Sora reciprocated the smile, lifting her hand to wave to the boy as she and Kameyo walked into the room.

"Gooooooooood morning, Chinatsu-chan!" Kameyo exclaimed, draping herself over the girl's desk.

Chinatsu scoffed, her hazel eyes glaring down at Kameyo. She turned her head, her short black hair shifting with her.

"Get off my desk, Vance-chan."

"Aw, I told you to call me Kame!" The girl whined, rolling back onto her feet. "Vance-chan just sounds so weird! Kame-chan is so much better!"

"We're not a first name basis," She muttered.

"Yeah, but I call you by your first name," Kameyo muttered.

"How many times have I told you not to?"

Sora giggled as she slid into her seat. She crossed her legs under the desk, crossing her arms over the wooden surface. She felt a gaze on her and turned her head, catching the blonde boy staring at her.

"Did you need something, Kenshin-kun?" She asked, making his cheeks turn red.

"A-Ah, no! Sorry, I didn't mean to stare," He said, rubbing his neck.

"Oh, do I have something on my face?" Sora asked, pulling her phone out to look at her reflection.

"A big fat red zit right in the center of your face!" Kameyo cackled.

"Shut up, Kame!" Sora yelled, making the darker-haired girl laugh even more.

"You kids are so loud so early in the morning," A tired voice filled the room, making the teenagers quiet themselves.

"Good morning, Fushiguro-sensei!" They called in unison.

He waved his hand to them. Tossing a few papers onto his already messy desk, the older man yawned as he leaned against the podium in the front of the class. Sora pinched Kameyo's leg as she walked past to get to her seat, making her hiss with pain and jump away. Sora muffled her laughter.

"Alright," Megumi began. "All of you need to listen carefully. Per the request of the principal, all of you will be sent off on a joint mission. However, all of you need to understand one thing. This isn't just fighting against each other anymore. This is going after real curses and exorcising them."

Kameyo hit Sora's leg under the desk, making them exchange a smile.

"You're going to be going to Mizuho. It's a small town on the western side of Tokyo that's been plagued by low Grade 3 curses. Right now, these are how the four of you have been ranked..."

"Kenshin, Grade 3."

The boy sheepishly rubbed at his arm.

"Chinatsu, Grade 2."

She kept her arms crossed over her chest, her black nail polish glinting in the light as she moved slightly.

"Kameyo, Grade 2."

The tan girl drummed her fingers against the table, bouncing her leg up and down.

"And Sora, Grade 1."

She kept her attention on her teacher, watching him set a piece of paper aside. She uncrossed her legs as she sat back in her chair, waiting for his next words.

"Based on ranks, I'm going to put Sora in charge of this. I expect you all to follow her lead and do what she says."

Chinatsu raised her hand. "Are you not coming with us, Fushiguro-sensei?"

"No, I have other business," He said. "I trust that the four of you can get by with this on your own. An auxiliary manager will accompany you and transport you two and from. If you do end up feeling like you need someone else, let them know, and someone will immediately be dispatched."

"How many curses are there?" Sora asked.

"More than ten," Megumi replied. "We're not exactly sure of the numbers. But it should be easy for all of you. You're all doing exceptionally well for the first two months. I expect you to do this and be back the same day."

"Yes, sensei!"

"If you have any questions, I suggest you ask them now. Once you get out there, you're going to have to fend for yourself."

After a moment of silence, Megumi pushed away from the podium.

"Alright, then. Gather all the things you're going to need," He said. "You leave in ten minutes. The car is waiting at the bottom of the hill. Have fun."

As they stood up, Kameyo grabbed Sora. "Hey, do you think you can handle this?"

"Definitely!" She smiled. "I earned my spot to be a Grade 1. I didn't bust my ass against my Mom for nothing."

Kameyo laughed, letting go of the girl's arm.

"Alright, I trust you!"

──•~❉᯽❉~•──⊲