The Early Years

July 7th nearly 40 years ago. Quirks weren't as well researched or regulated. Although the usual deadline to get a quirk is five years today it wasn't like that back then. Often children would get their quirks at random times with some receiving them as early as the day they were born. This could have disastrous consequences...

   July 7th a boy was born to a couple. Within moments of his birth a doctor, three nurses, his parents, and himself were all nearly completely deafened. His cries echoed through the hospital and caused many other issues among the staff and patients.

   The boy was given up by his parents and left to a quirk specializing orphanage. He was left with no name, no hearing, and no family...

   As the boy grew he was punished severely for wailing like that. He learned to keep quiet. Despite this, he was still a happy boy! He was given the name Hizashi due to his sunny blond hair. When he was two he was given a pair of hearing aids. Crappy ones with no way to change the volume. But he could hear. And he was fascinated by everything. 

   At the age of three he was taken in by a couple. They already had two children. A boy and a girl.

   Hizashi and the young girl got along well! The girl was only a year older than Hizashi so they often played together. The boy, who was 7 at the time, didn't get along with Hizashi as well. But no matter, Hizashi was content here.

   Due to his young age, Hizashi still had quirk slips. He was still new to speaking so his quirk would jump and occasionally break things and hurt people. Nothing like the initial burst of his quirk during his earliest years but still enough for his foster parents to get angry.

   After Hizashi injured the boy with his quirk the first time he was forced to wear a specialized muzzle. After this... things just went downhill. The girl was frightened by the look of the muzzle and the boy hated Hizashi. But still... this was fine! Hizashi could do this! The muzzle only left marks if he had it on for the whole week! It didn't matter if the scars were still present around his ears...

   When Hizashi was 6 things went. . .  Wrong. 

   He had been sitting in the garden practicing words. He had been on a very good behavior streak so his foster parents let him go without the muzzle sometimes. He used the time to try and help his speaking. He was getting pretty good!

   And then the boy came and put a bug in his hair... Hizashi had never liked bugs but perhaps this was the first time he had a real problem with them. The bug crawled down his face and thats when Hizashi spotted it. He screamed. 

   Hizashi only remembered red. There was blood. Everywhere. On his hands. The grass. The bug was gone. He felt something hard come down on him. And then he was back at the orphanage with his head wrapped up like a mummy... He swore to never speak again...

   That was how life went for Hizashi. 5 years of silence at the orphanage. The deaf and mute boy. Eventually his quirk was nearly forgotten. He had friends. He went to school. He was a brilliant child!

   . . .His life changed again when a pair of women came in. They introduced themselves as Fumiko and Mayumi Yamada.