Black Cats and Imagination

It had only been a day when Hizashi was called back to the meeting room. Fumiko was waiting outside the room for him. He gave a small smile but it disappeared quickly. He was nervous...

   'Hello there Sunshine.'

   'Hi... Is this about your daughters?' He signed quickly.

   Fumiko giggled and ruffled his hair. 'You're so smart Hizashi. It is. They're inside. Do you want to go in?'

   Hizashi stared at the door and fiddled with the hem of his sweater. 'Can I hold your hand..?'

   Fumiko's grin faded into a soft motherly look. 'Of course Sunshine.' She offered her hand out.

   Hizashi took the hand and held on tightly. Her hands were so soft...

   Fumiko smiled and reached to open the door.

   Inside were Mayumi (and the cat!) along with a girl with cat ears and a younger girl with pigtails.

   The younger girl looked up first. She got a bright smile and ran over. "Hi!!!"

   Hizashi winced at the sound and went to turn his hearing aids down.

   The girl slapped her hands over her mouth. "Oh gosh I'm sorry! I was just excited! I was really looking forward to meeting you! I'm Namika! Call me Mika!"

   Hizashi gave a little wave.

   Mika blinked. "Oh wait! You're like mama! I forgot." She made a concentrated face and held her hands up. 'Hello!'

   Hizashi giggled a little. 'I can hear you talk, you know.'

   Mika blushed. "Oh."

   The other girl rolled her eyes and nudged Mika a bit. "Nice going doofus. Wonderful first impression."

   Hizashi pulled his hands close as his nerves heated up again.

   Mika huffed. "Leave me alone!" She didn't sound particularly upset. "Mom! Kara is being a butt!"

   The older girl rolled her eyes. 'Ignore Mika. She's a bit weird. I'm Karasu. Call me Kara.'

   Hizashi waved again. 'Hello. I'm Hizashi...'

   "Nice to meet ya Zashi." Kara smiled lightly as her tail flicked.

   Hizashi couldn't help but be drawn to the movement.

   Kara chuckled and flicked him on the nose. "It's part of my quirk. Neat right?"

   Hizashi flushed at the fact that he had been noticed staring and nodded. It was pretty cool. 'What else can you do?'

   Kara held out a hand and made a fist. A couple of wolverine esc claws slid out.

   Hizashi blinked and curiously touched one. 'Sharp.'

   Kara chuckled. "Yup. That's one way to describe them."

   "What's your quirk!?" Mika suddenly butt back in with bursting enthusiasm. 

   Hizashi tensed up and gripped Fumiko's hand tighter. His breathing hitched.

   "You don't have to answer that!" Mayumi said immediately. "It's alright Hizashi."

   'No it's okay...' Hizashi felt his hands tremble. 'It's called voice. It makes my yells loud.'

   Mika grinned. "That's so cool!!!"

   Hizashi blinked. It wasn't scary to her? 'I guess so.'

   Mayumi frowned lightly but shook it off. "Anyway kiddo! We brought Tora as well!"

   Hizashi looked up at the cat in her arms and smiled. 'He's cute!'

   "He is, isn't he! He doesn't like being held though." Mika pouted and crossed her arms glaring at the cat.

   "No, you just chase him around everywhere. He's scared of you." Kara huffed.

   "Liar! Just cuz you're part cat doesn't mean you can understand him!"

   "I'm not part cat, that's just my quirk!"

   "Whatever you say meanie!"

   Hizashi giggled a little, reaching up to pet the cat. He turned to Fumiko to sign her something. 'Are they always like this?'

   The sisters continued to bicker about something or another.

   Fumiko gave a tired smile. 'Yup.'

   Hizashi giggled again seeing Mayumi hand the cat to Fumiko so she could split up the argument. 'I think I like having sisters.'

   Fumiko didn't respond but her eyes and smile got ten times brighter.