Resonance

Early during Hizashi's time at UA he had a visitor at school. He was pulled out of class by a pro hero.

   Hizashi was tense. He honestly had no clue what was happening but one moment he was in class and next moment he was in a car with a Pro.

   "Er... Listen... am I in trouble?"

   "No."

   "Then... What's going on?"

   The hero sighed. "This is a sensitive situation, young man. Recently a few heroes rescued a young boy from a villain group. He has a very dangerous quirk that is like yours. We need your help since you're training to be a pro and you have the gear to avoid hurting your ears."

   A quirk like his? Hizashi had a bad feeling about this...

   When they got out of the car at the compound Hizashi could already hear the ringing. He reached up and turned his hearing aids down to a lower seating before sliding his headphones over his ears. "Okay I'm ready."

   "Good. There is a doctor inside. Try and calm the child down so the doctor can help him."

   "Yes sir."

   Hizashi had no clue what to expect. He could still feel the vibrations all around when he walked through the halls. This quirk really was powerful.

   When Hizashi entered the room he immediately recognized the boy. "Hibiki.... Hibiki!!!" Hizashi went to move closer only for the vibration to increase. The walls started to shake. "Hibiki it's me!!!"

   The boy was curled into a ball in the very corner of the room. He looked so small and frightened. "Stay away!!!" He yelled looking up to glare at the door. His ears were bleeding.

   "Hibiki!" Hizashi tried again, wincing as the ringing set in even through the low setting on his hearing aids.

   The boy tried to scoot further back until he froze. "Z...Zashi?"

   "Hey... hey..." Hizashi put a soft smile on his face.

   Hibiki was still as he trembled. After a moment Hizashi felt the vibrations lessen. He reached up and pulled his headphones off to see the ringing had dulled to a manageable state.

   'Hey there...' Hizashi signed. 'Its me... Are you okay?'

   The boy stared for a minute before he shook his head and tears welled up in his eyes. "Zashi- *hic*"

   "Oh Hibiki..." Hizashi moved and wrapped his arms around the smaller boy. "Shh..." The ringing tapered off and Hizashi heard shuffling in the background as the door opened. "You're gonna be okay. I promise..."

   Hizahsi could sense a man behind him. Hibiki could too. The ringing started again. "Zashi!"

   "Shh. It's okay..." Hizashi held Hibiki close knowing the boy couldn't hear him. He pulled back to sign something. 'He's here to help. Okay?'

   Hibiki gave the man a weary look before he nodded. "Okay..."

   Hizashi gave a small smile and turned to the man. "Can I stay with him? I'll call my mom from the hospital."

   The man hesitated. "Protocol-"

   "Please!" Hizashi tightened his grip on the smaller boy.

   The man typed something into his watch before he sighed. "Fine. Come along."

   With that... Hizashi just had more of a reason to want to be a hero.

. . .

   The next year Hizashi would meet Shouta and the two along with Oboro would become a trio. The trio would be broken... But then they'd meet Tensei and Kayama. The wounds wouldn't heal but they would stop aching as much. After UA his mom would take his sisters back to the UK. Hibiki would stay with Hizashi until he came of age. Hizashi would make his debut as Present Mic. Two years later he would begin Put Your Hands Up. Another year led to him and Shouta being married. Soon after they would both be offered teaching jobs at the same school they went to. 

   And in the future... Shouta would bring home a boy with white hair and blue eyes. One with a power that hurt him. And then a boy with purple hair and a speaking quirk. And then a little deaf orphan boy with a fiery personality. And after that... a little girl who had been abused. And Hizashi would understand. He was to these kids like his mama was to him. Fumiko would be proud.