Cornered.

3rd person pov:

"Damn that's a big wolf," Clint exclaimed as they ran after her.

"Also a terrified one, did you see the look in her eyes when she stared up at us?" Nat responded.

"Yeah, this doesn't look good for when we find her, you know how dangerous people become when backed into a corner. Let's keep some distance!" Clint yelled back.

The rest of the team followed close behind when the two agents spotted a glowing purple mist coming from a few meters ahead. Once reaching the spot, not seeing a giant wolf, they called over the earpiece that she had shifted. Everyone gathered around the spot that the mist had been seen.

"Everyone look around, she couldn't of gotten too far. Tony, you and Sam should scan the skies in case she's a flying animal." Steve assigned.

They searched for what seemed like hours.

"Come on Cap, she's not here, we need to head back and try again tomorrow. Plus, I'm starving, I'm sure S.H.I.E.L.D. can take care of this." Tony complained, trying to convince the team to head back. Steve responded that they weren't leaving without at least tagging her with a long-distance tracker.

Cora's pov:

They were all around, they had been searching for an hour or two. It would be dark soon. I decided I might as well look for some kind of food, chipmunks were normal here right? They probably wouldn't notice, as long as I didn't bring attention to myself. I was desperate so I slowly made my descent down the truck of the big oak tree, 'there has to be some acorns buried around here somewhere, right? Maybe a tasty bug? What? I eat what I can, ok!'

3rd person pov:

As Cora scurried around scrounging for food, she didn't notice the redheaded assassin watching her from a few meters away. Nat motioned to the others and pointed at the little chipmunk.

"Are chipmunks usually that bold in front of people?"  Bucky asked the question everyone was wondering.

"Does anyone have a mouse trap?" Tony joked.

Nat motioned for them to surround the small animal. As everyone moved into their places Cora finally noticed how quiet it had suddenly gotten. Looking around, she realizes that she'd thoroughly fd up, the avengers were around her, maybe 7 feet away. 'Crap.' Is all she thinks as she makes a mad dash through metal arm guys legs, as everyone starts yelling and attempting to catch her. Unfortunately for the team, they had underestimated how hard it is to catch a frantic chipmunk, but Cora was starting to slow down from the exhaustion. She decided to shift into a small-ish hawk. Taking flight, she immediately saw a man in some kind of metal suit along with Mr metal wings giving chase. Cora took a second to catch her breath as the two flying heroes made their way infront of her.

"Come on birdy, we're not trying to hurt you." Sam called in an attempt to avoid a struggle.

Cora huffed in response, glancing at her wounded shoulder. Tony on the other hand had lost his patience, he fired a blast from one of his repulsors at her wing, she screeched in pain and fell from the air.

"TONY!" Half the team yelled.

Cora fell hard unto her right, the wing the blast hit. Finding herself in another, larger clearing, with the entire team other than Tony rushing towards her. She decided her best chance was fighting. Flight was her go-to, but it wasn't proving very successful this time.

Cora's pov:

My right wing had a fiery pain coming from it, the rest of my body ached and when I went to move I definitely felt something break. Still lying down, I shifted into my wolf form, and got up. My right hind leg was broken and burned from the fall and blast, I whimpered quietly, I had had legs broken before, but it didn't make it any less painful. Limping while trying my best to back up, I surveyed the team in front of me.

Bucky's pov:

I could tell that something was very wrong with her hind leg, she limped and whimpered quietly, a miserable sound really. Steve yelled at Tony to fly back to the jet and grab the large metal crate we had brought. Hopefully he doesn't hurt anything else along the way. She hadn't even shown any aggression towards us, Steve was going to have to talk with him as soon as we returned to the tower and got her some much needed medical attention. I had the team stay back and cautiously approached the towering animal. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't somewhat scary moving towards the injured wolf. As I neared her, she snarled, displaying her razor-sharp teeth.

Still Bucky's pov:

Still Bucky's pov:

I stopped my approach.

"Shhhh" I whispered, a vain attempt to soothe the obviously in pain creature, only receiving a small whimper in return as she attempted to back away again.

"We aren't here to hurt you, Tony's just an ass. Let us help you, please?" I tried once more.

She was obviously terrified of going with us, I understood, HYDRA can do that to you... I could hear Tony land back behind me with the crate. Cora glanced his way while giving a low warning growl, apparently suspecting that the box next to him was meant for her.

"We only want to help you." I whispered low enough for only her to hear, her ears were pinned flat against her skull as she visibly trembled.

I reached to my hip and slowly pulled the tranquilizing dart gun out of its holster. She didn't move, only sinking further down in her stance. Noticing her injured left shoulder, I raised the gun as her growl grew louder, firing a dart straight into the thick fur on her right shoulder. I winced as she yelped and let out a loud whimper, "sorry girl." She tried running-or more- limping away, but the sedative was extremely fast acting as she slowed down.

Cora's pov:

The man in front of me tried to soothe and re-assure me, in vain. I felt so defeated. After all this time being free, even if it was spent running, I had promised myself that I'd never let myself be taken back to a cage. My body felt like it was burning, everything hurt. I tried my best to be intimidating, growling again as 'Tony' landed behind metal arm guy with a big metal box. I guessed it's purpose and I'm not a fan. I'd been locked in one similar to it for when I was transferred between bases back at HYDRA. I watched the man in front of me, he had gentle eyes, all of a sudden I realized that he was the failed HYDRA project the 'winter solder' or something. Maybe that's why he didn't look at me with disgust, he knew of the horrors. Just as I was finishing that thought he reached into a holster on his hip and retrieved a gun, slowly though, almost like he was trying not to scare me. My trembling, aching body only shook more as he aimed it at my shoulder and fired. I yelped as the burning pain raced through my veins, how could he know that the sedative did that though? I tried one last attempt at getting away, but soon exhaustion grabbed a hold of my already weary body. As my vision blurred and I fell onto my left side, avoiding crushing my already broken leg, I watched as metal arm guy came up to me, only managing to let out a defeated whine. Then my world went dark.