Testing. (pt. 2)

-welcome back devoted readers, i hope ur travels have treated u well-

3rd person pov:

As the frosted glass door of An-Lab C swung open, Loki and Cora were immediately met with the gazes of the men inside. Cora moved to crouch behind Loki, but he had already begun to step inside. Noticing her not following him, he turned to face the stiff form of the crouching feline. Looking up once more to look at Stark and Banner he gave them a look.

"Come on Loki, I thought I told you to use your magic shit to control her." Tony said, seemingly annoyed.

Cora hissed at his comment.

Bruce spoke next, "Stop it Tony, let her take her time, we're not in any rush."

"Thankyou Banner," Loki started before turning his head back to to Cora, "Here Cora, I'll make you more bacon if you let them run their tests."

During the conversation Cora had been quickly analyzing the room, 'An-Lab C', she was currently focused on the large machine on one wall, she could hear the buzzing noise it made with her heightened senses. Actually, she could hear all the noises from around her, so many noises, she lost focus on the men(and god) infront of her as the sounds of humming, buzzing, ringing, and computer keys clicking began to overwhelm her senses.

Loki peered down at Cora in concern as her eyes darted frantically around the room and her ears swiveled around her head, he crouched down to her level and without a word he entered her scattered mind.

Loki was immediately met with the frantic, frenzied thoughts that seems to bounce around her head like a pinball machine, then he felt the overwhelming noise that was entering her head, the noise she was desperately trying to regulate to regain control of her mind.

With much effort Loki did his best to quiet Cora's racing mind, to block out the sounds coming from all around her. As she regained focus she found her mind clear, clear from the constant anxiety and panic that always gnawed at the back of her mind. Clear from the terror of reliving past memories, she felt, for once, peaceful, like she was sitting on a riverbank watching the shallow water flow.

Cora could hear someone speaking to her, though it felt like they were miles away. Slowly the soothing voice became more clear and she recognized it as Loki's. Loki, the magic user who had fed her, had taken care of her, who's scent was not of this realm.

"Can you hear me kitten?" His voice softly called out, like a gentle breeze flowing through tall grass.

"Loki? What did you do?" She questioned.

"I simply quieted the background noise for a bit, I've also turned off some of the machines that seemed to of been bothering you." Loki responded.

"Thankyou." Cora said genuinely, her voice wavering slightly.

"Of course little one, but I'm afraid someone is becoming rather impatient for you to come back out." Loki said, sounding slightly peeved.

Cora was quiet for a moment before speaking again, "Loki, I'm scared."

"I know, it's ok, it's not your faul-" Loki started but was cut off.

"I don't deserve to be scared Loki! Don't you know who I am, what I am. Don't you know what I've done, I've hurt people, I've killed people. I'm an animal to be put down, a monster, a killer." Cora practically yelled before her voice became quieter until it was barely a whisper as she called herself a monster.

Loki was stunned, he didn't know what to say, what he could say to make her feel any less like what she called herself. What hurt most was that he himself had thought those things, of course he would never admit it. How could the mighty god of mischief have such a hatred for his own existence?