Breaking Barriers

(sorta longer chapter, also wrote the second half of this in the middle of the night so i'm so sorry if there's mistakes or stuff doesn't make sense)

Loki's pov:

After observing her jump back and forth from the bed to her spot under my desk I grabbed my own food and the book I had been reading earlier from my bedside table to settle in for the night.

-time skip, brought to you by lack of ideas for filler-

Cora's pov:

It had been about an hour since I first awoke in this room, going off of the digital clock mounted to the wall. I had finished the food given to me, and was simply waiting for Loki to go to bed before making my escape. I wondered who these people were, but I was most curious as to the man in front of me, he possessed some form of magic, I knew that much.

But how? Would he be able to sense me trying to leave his room? Would he be mad at me for trying to escape? Is he going to hurt me? My mind began to race faster, anxious thoughts and questions filling my head. I could tell I was beginning to hyperventilate, but then the room around me disappeared, and re-appeared as a plain, grey bricked room. A room that filled my mind with anguished memories, a room in which I was subjected to so much pain in the name of alleged science.

I looked around for the door, or a place to hide, but there weren't any, then a person I swore to never look at again came into view. The head doctor assigned to the project I belonged too, Dr. Bringer. A man I had once believed was just a name to scare me into submission with, until a day shortly after I turned 12, that day I learned just how real the horrors of Dr. Bringer were. Just as I went to run from the man I heard my name being called.

Loki's pov:

I was just about to put my book down as it was nearly midnight when I heard Cora begin breathing erratically. Quickly getting up I walked over to where she sat under the desk, frozen, eyes wide but looking straight through me as if I wasn't there.

"Cora? Cora, can you hear me? Cora!" I eventually yelled.

Then, as soon as it had started, it was over. Cora seemed to have snapped back into reality, but was visibly shaken up, even in her feline form. She took in the room around her and then her eyes landed on me. Immediately a frightened sound came from her throat as she made a break for the darkness under my bed.

"Cora? What's going on? Are you alright?" I asked, bending down to look under at her. After receiving nothing but an empty stare in return I decided to see if Tony's AI had any idea what had just happened.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y.?" I asked my wall.

"Yes Loki?" The AI responded.

"What just happened to Cora?"

After a second she responded, "It appears Miss Cora may have been experiencing a dissociative episode, in which she may have had some form of traumatic flashback."

"Can you ask Bruce and Tony to come up here?" I decided to ask, they seemed to always work late into the night as we crossed paths sometimes when one came to grab coffee while I was reading in the common area. I also remember being told of a device that would hinder Cora's abilities, although I didn't mind her shifting, I found it difficult to enter her mindscape. If I could just find a way past the walls keeping me out of her mind I might be able to relieve some of her pain, or at least see what it was that caused her to suffer, so that I could best offer help.

Cora's pov:

I was crouched under Loki's bed after being brought back to reality, my brain was still foggy, but my breathing had begun to even out. Loki began talking to no one when a feminine voice came out of nowhere causing me to jump and hit my head on the bed frame.