Meeting Mischief

(quick authors note- this is my first story so I do go back and edit previous chapters a lot, so I'm sorry if some things change without explanation, but big things having to do with the storyline will be mentioned if they are changed:)

3rd person pov:

Everyone had left the two alone in the kitchen, some more begrudgingly than others, heading off to their separate rooms. Loki was just finishing up Cora's and his own dinner. He grabbed the sleeping Cora and the plates, making his way to his room down the corridor. Opening the door with a spell and entering Loki realized that he never changed the enchantment on his room to allow Cora in. But there she was, still sleeping peacefully in the blanket cocoon under his arm. 'You really are special.' Loki thought to himself. Setting the plates down on the bedside table and gingerly placing Cora onto the bed.

Loki's pov:

I decided to take a quick shower before eating, the spell that she was under should keep her asleep long enough for a short one. I wasn't sure what I'd do once she woke, other than offering her food, but I was still interested in learning more about her fascinating abilities. Grabbing a pair of black sweatpants and a dark green longsleeved shirt I headed into my bathroom, locking the door behind me. I showered quickly, beginning to worry about leaving Cora unattended. Drying off, I quickly pulled on the clothes and made my way out of the bathroom, only to find the pile of blankets empty on my bed. I knew she was still within the room as I would have sensed her go through the barrier to leave, but I was still a bit nervous at the thought that I might have lost her after just agreeing to watch her. Moving to the plates of food, I reheated them with a simple spell and set them on my desk, then I crouched to the floor in order to peer under the bed. Bending down, I immediately saw the large orange eyes of a cat staring back, I called softly to her in an attempt to coax her out, but she stayed cowering at the back of my bed.

"Such a hassle, but you need to eat." I sighed.

Deciding to risk my hand and arm, I reached under the bed towards her, receiving an angry hiss in return, deciding to avoid that approach I instead stood to mumble a telekinetic spell. A green mist spread from my arm and snaked it's way under the bed, followed by confused and then enraged hissing and spitting. As Cora appeared from under the bed I witnessed what I believe is called a hissyfit. Loud yowling and hissing came from the, now floating, feline. Setting her down atop the bed, I kept the mist around her to prevent further under-the-bed adventures, at least before she ate.

"Hey, hey, you have to eat, your starved, come on, just a bit and you can retreat back under." I said, grabbing the plates and moving to the bed, where the quieter Cora now sat.

She still had her ears pinned and teeth bared, but at least the hissing had subsided? Sitting down, I noticed the clear fear in her eyes, a pang of guilt hit me as I saw her claws dug deep into the covers, searching for some kind of safety.

"I-I apologize for the rude manner of pulling you from your cover, but I must insist that you eat some." I never would have seen myself genuinely apologizing to a cat, and yet here I was.

Sliding the plate closer to her, I saw how uncomfortable she was with my nearness, so, moving back further onto the bed, I allowed her more movement under the spell. I watched closely as she bent and sniffed at the food, never letting me out of her sight. I could see the eagerness and yearning to eat written all over her face, but she refused to give in before conducting a thorough investigation of the meal. She glanced back up at me for what seemed like permission, before grabbing a small piece of the fish in her mouth and swiftly jumping down as I released the spell. At least she was eating? She moved under my desk, where she crouched, and, still eyeing me wearily, began eating.

Cora's pov:

I had woken once again in a strange new place, this time I was wrapped in a soft blanket, which startled me at first. I wasn't used to much of anything being so soft. I was in what seemed like a bedroom, with forest green walls and gold accents. The bed under me had a soft black duvet on it, I heard what sounded like a shower running, coming from a room that I guessed was a bathroom ahead of me. As I jumped from the bed I noticed the water sound stop, which signaled that whoever was in there was about to be out here. Looking around for the best place to hide, I checked the windows, I was way too many stories up for jumping and it was now dark. I thought for a second about shifting to a bird, but I was exhausted from everything that had happened today, and I doubted I'd be able to unlock them anyways. So my next best option, the bed, I scrambled under as the bathroom door opened, hoping that I hadn't been seen. I then watched as the legs and familiar scent of Loki emerged, I somehow
hadn't noticed his scent covering the room before now. I was struggling to keep my breathing in check when his face suddenly appeared before me, he reached to grab me but thought better of it thankfully. He then said something to me that I didn't register as I was too busy panicking, memories of rough hands grabbing my tired body flashed across my mind. But then he stood back up, curious, I watched as the same green mist from earlier extended toward me. It then seemed to grab and pull me up and out from under the mattress. I put up as much of a fight as could but it wasn't much use when the enemy is mist. It then set me back onto the bed as I realized that it was coming from the hand of the man in front of me. He grabbed a plate of what smelled to be heaven, and offered it to me. I was apprehensive at taking the food, but these people had already fed me once and that wasn't poisoned. I decided that there wasn't much to loose at this point and I would need my strength if leaving this place was anywhere in my future, so I grabbed a bite of the fish and sat under a desk to eat. It tasted just as incredible as it smelled.