Night

"Matt. Matt wake up," Gabby whispered sitting up and shaking his shoulder slightly.
He groaned at looked at the time on the bedside, 4;14.
"What is it Gabs?" He'd just gotten off shift 6 hours ago and was exhausted.
"I keep getting cramps," she groaned slightly as another hit.
Matt immediately sat up and turned on the bedside light.
"How long for?" He asked resting a hand on her belly.
"I was feeling funny this towards the end of the evening and I went to bed early but the cramps didn't start until about 1:30."
"Do you think we need to go to the hospital?" He asked.
"No, not yet. It doesn't feel right."
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah. I just don't feel like she's ready, I think we might get sent home again. It's not hurting enough for me to think these are real."
"I'm going to make you a cup of tea, just relax okay?" He put a bigger pillow behind her so she could lean back.
"What about Violet?"
"I can call Shay to come get her if we need."
Gabby nodded and Matt went downstairs and made some tea while looking through some info on the laptop. He came back up a few minutes later and handed Gabby a tea.
"I looked on the Internet, you might be having a false alarm."
"It's hard to tell, we won't know unless it gets any worse."
He nodded and sat down beside her letting her lean against him. He rested a hand on her stomach, "Ready to come out little man?" He asked.
"It's a girl Matt, I told you that already," Gabby smiled.
"We'll know soon."
She nodded and smiled resting her head against him. As she closed her eyes Matt took the tea from her hands and pulled the blanket over her slowly as she drifted back to sleep.