Night Visit

"Gabby are you okay? It's 3am." Kelly said.
He was standing at the bench in the firehouse with a coffee in his hand. Gabby walked in in her ugg boats and leggings and jumper.
"Is Matt here?"
"He went out on a call about half an hour ago."
She whined and lent her head on the wall.
"I heard about your false alarm the other night. Are you getting more pain?"
"Yeah I think they're fake again but they still hurt. And he's going to be on shift until tomorrow night so I'm stuck alone again."
"Alright, just calm down. He'll be back soon," he said walking over seeing she was distressed slightly. "Why don't you lay down and wait for him in his office?" She nodded and Kelly put his arm around her and she rested her head against him. He lead her down the hall. "When are you due?"
"Next week."
"Violet back with Christie?"
"Yeah she got home yesterday."
Kelly opened the door to Matts office and helped Gabby lay down on the bed.
"You want me to go find out how far away Matt is?" Kelly asked.
She nodded. After he pulled the blanket over her body he walked out of the office and nearly ran into Shay.
"God Shay. Don't scare me like that."
"Is that Gabby?"
"Yeah."
"Is she okay?"
"She's alright, she thinks she's having false contractions again, I'm just going to see how far away Casey is."
She nodded and Kelly left walking back down the hall. Shay slowly and quietly opened the door and sat in the edge of the bed and rubbed Gabbys back.
"Matt?" She mumbled.
"No it's just me sweetie. Relax, Kelly's gone to see how far away he is."

Kelly grabbed his coffee and a radio from the common room.
"Matt Casey you got a copy on me?" He asked. No answer. "Christopher Herrmann you have a copy?"
"What's up Severide?" Herrmann replied.
"Casey with you?"
"Yeah he is."
"Tell him to turn his radio on." There was a pause.
"Kelly you copy me?" Matt asked coming onto the radio.
"How far away from the house are you?"
"About 5 minutes why?"
"Gabby's here."
"Is she okay?"
"She's having contractions, she thinks they're fake again but she's stressed out and wants you. Shay's with her now."
There was a pause until Casey spoke again.
"Tell her to stay calm, and that I'll be there soon."
"Copy that."
He put the radio down and walked back down the corridor to Matts office. He opened the door quietly so he wouldn't disturb Gabby or the squad who was sleeping across the hall. As he walked in Shay held her finger to her lips at Kelly, telling him not to make a noise. 'How long?' She mouthed. He held up 5 fingers and sat down on the desk chair as Shay kept running her fingers through Gabby's hair keeping her calm. Minutes later they heard the trucks pull up. Heavy footsteps came down the hall that then stopped when they reached the outside of the office. Kelly opened the door and indicated for him to be quiet. Shay stood up from the bed and her and Kelly left the room leaving Matt.
He laid down beside her and wrapped his arms around her. She turned around and rested her head on his chest in her sleep.
"Shh. I'm here, I've got you."