Early Morning

A/N: because you all kept commenting on my last chapter to update. Here you go xx
Credit for the above picture goes to the ig account @dawsonshaycasey
______________
"Baby what on earth are you doing up this early?" Matt asked walking down the stairs.
"Trying to get this paperwork done while I can't sleep," she said with a yawn.
"You're exhausted. Go back to bed," he said standing behind her and massaging her shoulders.
"And lay there unable to sleep? It's frustrating."
"What even is all this stuff?"
"Paper work on our candidate. It's stupid. 'Did the candidate have a knowledge on what different equipment does and when to use the different tools?' Of course she did, it was her 4th placement."
"I know it's annoying. But that's just how it is," he said kissing her head. "Do you want some tea?"
"Yeah, that'd be nice. Christie called, she's picking Violet up in an hour. Something came up."
"That's a shame."
"She can stay over again. It sounded like they were going to visit friends for the day or something."
"Ok. Come and do your paperwork on the couch."
"That's done," she said putting down the candidate forms, "Now I just have to read this paperwork from Herman and sign it."
"More stuff for the bar?"
She nodded and stood up walking over to the sofa before sitting down again. She put a cushion on Matts lap and then laid on her back resting her head. As she read through the paperwork Matt played with her hair. No sooner she was starting to drift off again and he continued to run his fingers through her hair. He took the hot cup of tea from her hand and put it on the coffee table. She stirred slightly and he rested a hand on her stomach.
"Shhh, just relax."
He took the papers from her hand and she rested her hands on her belly. Not long after Matt drifted off with her. Christie turned up an hour later and knocked on the door. When she got no answer she knocked again but still got it no answer. She walked in the garden bed and walked right up to the window to see both of them sleeping on the couch. As much as she didn't want to disturb them she needed to pick up Violet.
"Matt!" She yelled banging on the window pane. "Matt!"
He woke up suddenly and looked up to the window to see Christie giving him a sympathetic smile. He slowly moved Gabby and got up and opened the front door.
"Sorry Chrisite," he smiled.
"No I'm sorry. I didn't want you wake you, but I need Violet."
"Yeah no worries."
Gabby sat up and rubbed her eyes. "Hey Christie."
"Sorry I woke you Gabby."
"No it's fine," she said standing up and walking into the kitchen to make another tea.
"Matt I need to ask you a favor. I need to run to New York at the end of April for a week to do some financing. Could you watch Violet for me?"
"Christie..."
"I completely understand if you say no, I know it's close to Gabbys due date. Honestly if you can't I can organise something else."
"She can stay here," Gabby said walking out of the kitchen with a tea in hand.
"Babe are you sure?"
"Yeah. I like the company. She'll be a good girl," Gabby said.
"Are you sure?"
"Honestly Christie it's fine, it's a week. Matt will only have 3 shifts so there's only three days it'll just be the two of us. I'd rather have her than be on my own."
"Thank you so much."
"No worries."
"Violet honey we are going," Christie called up.
"Thank you for having me," she smiled walking down.
"You're welcome. Anytime," Matt smiled.
"We'll see you soon."