House Fire

"What are good baby names?" Gabby asked laying on the couch with her phone.
"Isn't that for you and Casey to decide?" Cruz asked.
"We still need suggestions."
"What about Jamie?" Shay asked.
"For a Girl or Boy?"
"Could be either really."
"Yallena," Cruz said.
"Jason."
"Fred."
"Lily."
"Lou."
"Ellenistao."
"What?" Gabby asked.
"Ellenistao. It's spanish or something," Cruz said.
"I'm Spanish, I've never heard a name like that in my life," Gabby replied.
"It's nice. Ellenistao."

Casey walked in.

"Hey babe, how do you feel about naming our child Ellenistao?" Gabby laughed.
"Ellen-e-what?"
"Ellenistao," Cruz repeated.
"Yeah that's definalty not going to happen," he smirked.

'Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambulance 82. Structure Fire.'

"Not use for a change," Shay said looking at Dawson.
"I'm going anyway," she said getting up. "Matt I'm coming with you."

They went down the corridor and Gabby got in the truck. A few minutes later they pulled up at the fire and got out. It was an old two story house.

"Alright, Severide, Casey and Herrmann you're on this one. Search and report back."

They masked up and ran into the building under the chiefs orders. It was hot and there was smoke everywhere making it difficult to see. Herrmann grabbed the first women and helped her out of the building before radioing back to Casey.

"Casey we've got a baby in a cot on the second floor."
"Copy that."

He slowly walked the old rickety stair case and walked through the hallway until he found the nursery. It was much similar to the one he and Gabby had created. A white crib and change table. Green walls and toys everywhere. He snapped out of it and grabbed the little boy from the crib. He dashed back out of the room as the fire started rolling from the roof.

"Casey get out of there now."

He ran down the stairs and dived out the front door just at the fire exploaded taking half the house down with it. Casey landed on his back and held the baby firmly under his jacket.

"You okay man?" Kelly asked helping him up.
"Yeah I'm good." He opened his jacket and handed the baby to the women.
"Thank you so much," she said taking him and hugging Casey.
"It's all in a days work," he smiled.
"You have kids Leiutenant?"
"Not yet, one coming," he smiled. "That's my fiancée over there," he said pointing out Gabby who was standing by the truck with Shay.
"Well good luck. You'll make a great father."

He thanked her and walked back to the truck.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Gabby said walking up to him.
"What?"
"Don't ever put someone's life before you're own. God Matt I thought you knew that!"
"It's my job Gabby."
"You went back for that baby and you nearly didn't get out alive! What would I do without you? What would we do without you?" She said putting a hand on her stomach.
"If that was our baby wouldn't you want a firefighter to go back for them? To do everything they possibly could to get our baby out? I did what I did because I wasn't going to let that women loose her child, because I know if we were in the same position we would want our baby out of that house no matter what."

She rubbed her face with her hands and he wrapped his arms around her.

"Please don't scare me like that." She mumbled into his jacket.
"It's fine. I'm fine. Just relax. You remember what Kendra said. It's not good."
"I know. I'll try and stop."
"Lets get back to the house okay?"She nodded. "Okay."