Paperwork

"1 month baby. And it'll be your last shift," Matt smiled kissing Gabbys head as she started to wake up.
"Don't remind me. It's going to be to sad to leave the house," she said with a yawn.
"You'll be glad to be relaxing," he smiled.
"I've been thinking."
"Yeah."
"I know we talked about having the baby christened but we didn't talk about God parents."
"Who were you thinking?"
"My first thought was always Shay and Kelly, but then I thought about it and I'm Diego's God parent and you're Violet's. It feels right that it should be Antonio and Christie."
"I don't want it to be them because it feels right in return babe. I want you to be happy."
"Your sisters done so much for us. It should be her."
"Think of it this way, if anything, god forbid happen to us. Who would you want to raise our baby?"
"Your sister. I love Shay and Kelly but I don't know if they could offer the stability that Christie or Antonio could."
"Okay. So then it's Christie and Antonio."
"Thank you. You make it so much easier."
"That's my job," he smiled kissing her head. "I'm picking the cot and other furniture up tomorrow."
"Really?"
"Yeah. I'll have to build it though."
"That's so exciting."
"I might get Kelly to give me a hand."
"I'm sure he will."
He kissed her gently and stood up.
"Alright, let's go or we will be late for shift."

Gabby and Matt pulled up at the firehouse an hour later and parked the car.
'Ambulance 61, child in distress.'

"Alright I have to go. I love you," Gabby said kissing her cheek.
"Love you too."
Gabby handed him her bag and jogged over to the ambulance just as Shay was getting in. As they made conversation Shay drove to the house where a mother came running out. Gabby grabbed the medical bag while Shay grabbed the chair.
"She's been sick all week, she told me her chest was hurting and then she couldn't breath after that."
"Sweetie. What's your name?" Gabby asked bending down beside the young girl.
"Katie," she coughed.
"Alright Katie I need you to take deep breathes for me."
Gabby placed the stethoscope on her chest and after listening connected her up to the oxygen. Shay lifted her into the chair and they strapped her up to go to the hospital.
"Where are you taking here?"
"Chicago Med. You can come with," Shay replied.
They loaded the young girl into the ambulance and Dawson got in the front to drive. They got to the hospital, unloaded and filled out the paperwork before going back to the house.
"Dawson, Shay. Someone here for you. Meeting room," Herrmann said as they got out.
"Who is it?"
"I don't know. Some fancy pants from the department."
Gabby raised her eyebrows in question as they walked into the common room and went through to the meeting room.
"Leslie Shay? Gabriella Dawson?"
"That's us," Shay said as they walked in.
"Chief Alanby from the department. I'm here in regards to Emma Thomas who you had on placement here a few weeks back."
"Oh yeah, Emma."
"I just need you to fill out some papers for me."
"Did she pass?"
"Yes, we are trying to find her a placement in one of the houses. It's proving difficult, the houses are mostly full."
"Can't she get a placement here?" Gabby asked.
"The two positions are filled by the two of you."
"I'm finishing in 4 weeks. I've spoken to her about it, she was hoping to take my place."
"She hasn't reached the level of PIC you have. She can't take over your spot."
"Well Shay can. Shay can be the PIC in charge and Emma can be the other paramedic."
"We will look into it, but for now I need you to go through these and get them back to me."
"Yeah sure, no worries," Shay said taking them.
"Just drop them by headquaters once you're done."

He left and Dawson looked over the paperwork.

"This is stupid, do they think I have time to just fill out 20 pages of questions stating why Emma is a good paramedic? It's one thing to be yes or no answers but I don't have time for this."
"What did that guy want?" Matt asked opening the door and walking in.
"For me to spend my day off filling out paperwork on our candidate."
"Violet's coming over this weekend Gabby, we have plans."
"Well they might have to change. Thanks to that idiot."