One Dead, One Dying

A/N: Listen to the song "The End of the World - Remastered" by "blohsh" while reading this. Trust me - it makes it ten times better. It's on Spotify and takes like five seconds to find so do ittt.

Your hands flew to your stomach, the sickeningly metallic smell of blood reaching your nose, almost causing you to gag. The pain didn't register for a few moments, and when it did, you let out a heart-wrenching scream.

Camilo caught you before you could fall, carefully laying you down on the rocks, his eyes wide in horror. His hands hovered helplessly over the knife embedded in your gut, as though he wasn't sure what to do.

"What the fuck, (Y/N)?!" he shouted, his eyes growing watery as he gently pressed down on your wound. "Why would you do that?"

Julieta pushed him out of the way, carefully compressing your injury with some clean cloth she seemed to magically find. Camilo stood up, fear and anger growing in his eyes as you struggled to breath, hot tears streaming down your face. After a moment, the anger seemed to win the fight and he turned on your papa, who was gaping at his two children, one dying and one dead. 

Because of him.

"I'm going to kill you," Camilo snarled, rapidly advancing on your papa. He didn't move, his eyes going blank and soulless. "You're going to regret this." Camilo's voice broke on the last word, and he shoved your father to the ground, punching him over and over again until his nose was bleeding and he had a bruise growing on his eye. You couldn't move, even though you were terrified.

That wasn't Camilo - he wouldn't hurt your father, no matter what he had done. He wouldn't hurt anyone.

Not physically, anyway.

Finally, Felix stepped forward, placing a large hand on his son's shoulder.

"Camilo, stop," he said softly, and Camilo pulled away, kneeling on the ground next to you. You struggled to keep your eyes open, wanting to look at his beautiful eyes. He swallowed hard, wiping his tears quickly.

"I'm sorry, Cariño," he whispered. "I shouldn't have told them. I - I promised. I broke that promise. And if I hadn't, you..." he sobbed, burying his head in his hands.

"I'm going to pull the knife out," Julieta said quietly. "It will hurt, but we don't want an infection. I promise it will be over quickly."

You heard Pepa murmur something in the background, and it took you a second to comprehend it.

"One way or another."

"Pepa," Felix hissed, scowling at her. She shrugged, the rain cloud above her head pouring harder.

"What? She saved our boy. We can at least let her know that she might die. I would want to know." Everyone went quiet after that, especially Camilo, until Julieta spoke to him.

"Can you hold her hand? It will help. This is going to hurt, and... there are very few people she has left." Camilo peered between his fingers, and you tried to smile at him, but it quickly turned into a grimace.

Finally, he reached out his hand, taking yours and holding it tightly.

"You'll be ok," he whispered. "I won't lose you, (Y/N)."

"I don't want to be here anymore," you managed to whisper, before suddenly Julieta was grabbing the hilt of the knife and cleanly sliding it out from your stomach. You screamed again, curling into a ball even as Julieta forced you to lie flat on your back. Camilo held your hand tighter, taking his other hand and placing it on the side of your face. Everything was blurry and a hazy red with pain as you wailed, but you could see the tears streaming down his cheeks.

"You'll be ok, you'll be ok, you'll be ok," he whispered through his tears. "I won't let you die."

Your eyes fluttered as black dots swam in front of your face. Julieta pressed harder on the gash in your stomach, and you heard her sniffle.

"Camilo," she said softly, and then louder. "Camilo. We're losing her. Let go."

"No!" he shouted, clinging tighter to your hand. You could hardly feel it any more. "Julieta, you can save her... you can always save everyone."

"Camilo, let go. You're holding onto her hand too tight." She stepped away, leaving the white cloth on your stomach.

"Hey! Help her!" Camilo rushed to your wound, pressing his hands to the drenched cloth.

You looked up at him, trying to meet his eyes. When you finally did, you felt even worse. His gorgeous green eyes held the deepest of emotions - regret, grief, horror, pain. And love. He loved you, and you knew it.

So, before you died, you said your final words to him.

"I love you, Camilo."