Party All Night

One Year Later

Your heart beat uncontrollably as you smoothed out the beautiful, form-fitting white dress that Mirabel had made for you. She stood proudly at your side, admiring her handiwork. You had the gold bracelet Camilo and you shared, although his was silver, tied securely around your wrist.

"You look perfect," Mirabel announced, taking your hand and stopping it from quivering. "Everything is going to go well, I promise."

"I'm scared," you whispered, not trusting your voice. "What if... what if I have a hallucination while we're saying the vows? Or I have a panic attack?" You sighed shakily. "So much could go wrong."

"But it won't," she insisted, leading you out of your room and revealing Lucía waiting impatiently at the top of the stairs. The second she saw you, her dark hands flew over her mouth and suppressed a small shriek.

"You're a fucking goddess!" she cried, hurrying over and running her hands over the silky fabric of your dress.

"Lucía," you scolded, glancing around nervously. "There are children!"

She rolled her eyes haughtily, placing her hands over her stomach.

"The only child around is the one right here," she said, tapping her fingers on the small bump. "And she won't care. She's going to be just like me!"

"You're still positive it's a "she", huh?" Mirabel questioned skeptically, raising an eyebrow at her.

"Of course she is! I can just tell," she said dreamily, before Carlos walked over and pulled her away, her beautiful bridesmaid dress trailing behind her.

"You have to get ready, amor," he said as they walked off. You noticed Mirabel watching them sadly, and nudged her shoulder teasingly.

"Got your eyes on anyone yet?"

She shrugged nonchalantly, but you noticed the melancholy undertone in her doe-brown eyes.

"I dunno. There just don't seem to be many single boys around my age that share any interests..." she trailed off before jumping back up. "It doesn't matter anyway - tonight is all about you! Let's go out there. Your groom is waiting!"

You laughed nervously, following along as she pulled you outside of Casita's protecting walls. All 5 of your bridesmaids were already outside, and Mirabel rushed to join them, smoothing out her dress. Isabela was walking down the aisle with Jude, Dolores with Mariano, Luisa with her red-head boyfriend - who Camilo and Carlos were friends with - Lucía with Carlos, Mirabel with CJ, and Cecilia with Antonio.

"Everyone looks great," you said loudly, attempting to cover the whistles omitting from the girls. They laughed, and your heart swelled as you looked at all of the people there - your friends. Your family. Even little Cecilia, whom you had included for crushing Antonio's sake.

"Let's throw ourselves a wedding," Luisa said in a booming voice before taking the lead and marching toward the pavilion in the middle of Encanto.

Little Isla and her twin sister were your flower girls, while Mateo and Alvaro shared the title of ring bearer. Dolores had recently given birth to her fourth child, a beautiful baby boy who shared his mother's light-brown eyes.

You practically clung to Cecilia up until she finally shook herself free of you and locked arms with Antonio, hiding her face behind her thick braids as she turned the corner and walked down the aisle. You sucked in a deep breath as Felix approached, holding his arm out with a reassuring smile. Since your papa was dead, your soon-to-be father-in-law had immediately volunteered. 

You grew teary-eyed as you slipped your arm into his, pretending just for the moment that he actually was your papa.

Finally, taking a deep breath, you spun around the corner.

Your eyes were immediately drawn to Augustin, who was playing the piano off to the side. But then you focused back on the center, heart catching in your throat when you saw your groom.

He was standing at the altar, a loose-fitting white suit on. The tie, however, was yellow, and you smiled at the fact that he couldn't live without his favorite color.

As soon as your eyes met, it was like the world lit up. A smile spread across his face, not showing even a hint of the anxiety you felt, calming you slightly. As you hurried up the steps to meet him, he stretched out his arms and you took his hands quickly, hoping your palms wouldn't sweat.

"Do you, Camilo Madrigal, take your bride, (Y/N) (L/N), to be your lawfully wedded wife, to love and to cherish, all the days of your life?"

Camilo's eyes sparkled as he grinned at you, his freckles standing out on his rich complexion. 

"I do."

The bald priest turned to you as you smiled shyly.

"And do you, (Y/N) (L/N), take your groom, Camilo Madrigal, to be your lawfully wedded husband, to love and to cherish, all the days of your life?"

Your heart felt ready to burst from the nerves, and you could feel all of the villager's eyes trained on you, but you spoke anyway.

"I do."

Cheers erupted from the crowd as the priest droned on, finally saying the long-awaited words.

"You may kiss the bride."

Camilo leaned in immediately, his hands pressing firmly against your back and pulling you in. You tilted your head up and your lips met his, a smirk growing on his face. Everyone shouted as you pulled away, your bridesmaids jumping in the air while the groomsmen approached them, laughing.

You both pulled away with large grins, and he got down on one knee in front of you. You eyed him, confused, until he gestured to his back.

"Hop on," he said with a teasing smirk. Giggling, you hopped up, looping your arms around his shoulders as he tucked your thighs under his arms. You shrieked as he ran down the aisle, clinging to his neck as the world spun before you. Your scream dissolved into delirious laughter as you made it to Casita, your long dress trailing behind you in the breeze.

"You ready to party?" your husband asked as he set you down.

Your hand trailed up his back, stopping when it met his neck. He shivered, melting into your touch, and you smiled at how desperately in love he was with you.

"I'm ready to party. All night," you added, and he threw back his head with laughter. He tied back his bouncy curls into a manly bun, grinning.

"Same here, Cariño. I love you."

"I love you too. Forever."