A Disease

A/N: I'm leaving hints for you ❤️ enjoy

"Something's wrong."

The two of you raced after Mirabel, fingers tangling together automatically. When you burst into her room, she was sitting on her bed, eyes squeezed shut. They snapped open when she heard you.

"Mirabel, what's going on?" you asked immediately. She shook her head, her hands flying to her neck.

"Please don't ask," she finally managed, her voice strangled. "It only makes it worse."

"Makes what worse?" Camilo stepped away from you, approaching Mirabel like one would a wild animal. "Mira, we just want to help."

"You can't help!" she snapped, eyes wild.

"Let me try."

While Camilo struggled to get her to talk, you stepped back, attention drawn to a pretty necklace hanging from a jewelry rack. Curious, you traced your fingers along its gilt edges.

"Don't touch that!" Mirabel shrieked, shooting forward and slapping your hand away before grabbing the necklace.

"Stay away from her!" Camilo pulled her away immediately, and she glared at me for an extra second before calming down slightly. "What the fuck was that, Mirabel?"

She scowled lightly, gently tucking the necklace under her pillow.

"I'm sorry, (Y/N). I don't know what's gotten into me. But don't touch my stuff, please," she added firmly as she busied herself with making her bed, not looking at either of you. "You can go now."

"Just tell us what's going on," you suggested softly, outstretching your hand and spinning her around. Her eyes widened in shock, and she looked completely normal for a moment, before her  expression hardened once more.

"I can't tell you that."

Camilo sighed, turning to look at you. His beautiful eyes betrayed defeat, and he started to walk away.

"But I can tell you this."

Mirabel stepped forward, reaching for both of your hands. You eagerly grabbed hers, searching her face for any hint of her old cheeriness. There was none.

"It's like a disease. And diseases spread." She snatched her hands away suddenly, as though afraid you would do just that - or she would. "If I were you, I would run." Gritting her teeth, as though it hurt to say, she spun on her heel and left, laying down on her bed. You and Camilo warily eyed each other, and he wrapped his arm around your shoulders, taking you out of the room.

"What does that mean?" you whispered, as though being too loud would disrupt the silence. "What is like a disease?"

"I'm not sure, but it can't be good. She might just be worried about Isabela, and either way I'm not going anywhere." His grip on your shoulder tightened protectively. "But be careful, please, Cariño. Wouldn't want you dying again before we ever got the chance to have kids."

Gasping, you accidentally sent him flying backwards with your telekinesis. He hit the wall lightly, grunting before regaining his balance and laughing it off.

"What? We don't have to. But I mean..." He wiggled his eyebrows at you like a child, and you couldn't help but laugh, trying to hide your red face.

"In your dreams, tonto." With the nod significantly lightened, you set off to dinner, arm around his waist.

"Camilo, (Y/N)!" Abuela cried when you rounded the corner. "Good news, brilliant news! Isabela is pregnant!"

You slapped your hand over your mouth, eyes widening.

With Jude's baby.

That wasn't said, but it was implied. You were going to be an aunt.

Camilo simply shrugged.

"Ugh. So that means another crying kid."

"Camilo!" you snapped, lightly slapping his arm. "You just said earlier that you wanted kids."

Flustered, he rolled his eyes and sighed. 

"All right, maybe I'm a little excited," he admitted as a smile split his face. "At least this should cheer Mirabel up."

"Delores!" Abuela called, and the petite girl scampered out from her room, Mariano in tow.

"Yes, Abuela?"

"Isabela will be having a child!"

At first, Delores just appeared shocked, and then she grinned, suppressing a giggle.

"Oh, I'm so happy! She must be so, so overjoyed!" She took Mariano by the hand and raced off to find her cousin, a bounce in her step.

"This is great," you whispered to Camilo as Abuela walked off. "It's perfect timing, really. I think people needed this. And Jude's going to be so proud*.

Camilo smirked, cupping your face in his hands and leaning down to press his forehead against yours.

"Just you wait, Amor. Just you wait."