1 | Lights

Bright flashes. Clicking sounds. Y/N, Y/N, Y/N.

Those were things that had become as familiar as the street signs near your house or the street vendors you see on your drive to work everyday.

"Y/N! Right here!"

You gave a small smile to the camera, walking onwards towards the car.

"Y/N! Do you have a minute?!"

You waved to the crowd, climbing into the vehicle.

"Miss." The driver nodded to you.

"Home." You exhaled, pulling the clips from your hair. "Could you call Anissa, please?"

"On it, Miss L/N."

You took a swig from the water bottle in the cupholder next to you, the monotonous phone dial changing to a voice.

"Y/N?"

"What else am I doing today?" You glanced at yourself in a pocket mirror, frowning. "And is there time for touch ups?"

"You have a photo shoot at 2, but that's all."

"So no lunch?"

"W-Well, you could—"

"Forget it, I'm not hungry." You sipped your water again. "And the interview with Elle?"

"Two days from now."

"I have a director's meeting that day, do you think we can push the meeting to tomorrow?"

"Director's meeting? I wasn't aware—"

"I worked with him back on Happily Ever After, remember?"

"Oh! Andy, right?"

"Mhm." You scrolled through your missed messages. "There's nothing tomorrow, right?"

"Nothing important, I'll reschedule it all. Is this about the role for that detective movie or something?"

"FBI," you corrected. "And yes, it is."

"Consider everything that needs doing done. Is that all?"

"That's all. Bye." You leaned back in your seat, browsing your social medias.

"Lunch today, Miss?" The chauffeur looked at you briefly.

You exhaled. "No."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Y/N!"

"It's been a long time, Mr. Peng." You extended your hand, the man engulfing you in a hug. You awkwardly tapped his shoulder. "Erm."

"I am just thrilled to have you working with us again!"

You nodded, giving the well rehearsed smile you had mastered over the years. "It's a pleasure."

"Sit, sit!" Andy sat down on the other side of the table. "Coffee?"

"Water," you replied quickly.

"You heard her." He motioned for an intern to go grab some, leaving the two of you in the room. "My, it's been a while, huh?"

"5 years."

"You've grown so much, Y/N. You're not the 20 year old you were before. How old are you now?"

"25."

"Time flies."

"Indeed, it does." You cleared your throat. "I'm sorry, but I have a lot going on today. What is this about?"