8 | Getting in Character

"Is that Y/N L/N?!" A garishly dressed woman extended her arms, walking towards you and Spencer.

You quickly took a swig of alcohol, plastering on a smile. "Hi, Melanie."

She squeezed your body in her arms. "It's been ages!"

"Not long enough," you murmured.

"Hm?"

"Too long!" You bat your eyelashes, smiling again.

"And who is this hunk?" She wiggled her brows. "Mystery man from the media?"

You leaned into Spencer's side. "This is Spencer Perrier."

"Pleasure to meet you, ma'am." Spencer ignored his absolute disgust as he pressed his lips to her hand.

Melanie giggled. "He's quite handsome, Y/N. Very polite too."

You subtly moved Spencer's arm to your lower waist. "One of the many reasons I fell for him."

The man gulped, slowly allowing his hand to wrap around your side.

"Aww!" Melanie sighed. "I've been dying to know how you met since I saw those articles."

"Well—"

"I was hired as the photographer for one of her shoots," Spencer interjected. "After spending a few days with her, I guess I just...I couldn't get her out of my head."

You moved your eyes from him, ignoring the burning feeling in your cheeks. He's acting, Y/N.

"That's so romantic! I thought Y/N would just be an old maid."

Bitch. You played it off, laughing.

Spencer furled his brows. "Pardon?"

You elbowed Spencer, murmuring a 'shut it.'

Melanie chuckled. "She's just always been what we call a black sheep on set."

"A what..?"

"Melanie—" You attempted to break the conversation.

"It's just a silly little name!" Melanie giggled. "Y/N doesn't like to go out with the cast as much or do all the fun stuff, she's just a little odd."

Spencer glanced at you, your eyes to the floor.

"Not that there's anything wrong with being odd! It makes Y/N special, but I guess a lot of people don't like her because—"

"I think that's enough." His voice cut through the tension in the air like a blade.

You inhaled sharply. "It was nice talking to you, Melanie."

"Oh but—"

Spencer's hand cuffed around your wrist. "Let's go over here."

The back of your dress got caught on your heel, sending you tripping forwards. Spencer whirled around, grabbing your waist as you quickly held onto his arms. You awkwardly looked at each other for a moment, stepping back as realization of what had occurred hit.

"Erm thanks."

"Be careful," he mumbled.

You gave him a very stiff thumbs up. "Yup."

"Y/N! Hey!" Andy paused. "Dr. Re—"

"I think you mean Mr. Perrier," you coughed. "My boyfriend...Spencer Perrier."

Andy raised an eyebrow, looking at Spencer for some sort of rationality. The man shrugged, motioning to you. "Good lord."

"Don't good lord me," you whispered sharply. "Go with it."