9 | 'Character' Development

Slow steps, gun raised, carefully inching down the hallway.

A sudden stop, moving the gun around and scanning the area.

"Clear!"

Gingerly taking each step, carefully twisting the doorknob.

"FBI!"

A body—not just a body. The body of the man you loved.

"NO!" You shrieked, throwing yourself onto him.

"CUT!"

You sat up, adjusting your hair. "How was that?"

Tristan, propped himself up on his elbow, fake blood dripping from his forehead. "Another take?"

Andy pursed his lips. "I think that was good. Y/N, your control with the gun is improving. You're still game for doing the fight scene, right? We've got a double—"

"No need." You dusted off your pants. "I wanna do the stunts."

Andy stood up and clapped. "Let's call it a day. Y/N, head to the BAU tomorrow to prep for the fight scene, we're filming it next."

"Nice work, L/N."

"You too, McPhale."

He rubbed the back of his neck. "And about the rumors and stuff—"

"Don't worry." A small smile spread across your face. "I wouldn't say it's been an entirely bad thing for me." You grabbed your purse. "See you later."

"Reid, what are you doing?" Emily stood at the door of the training center.

Spencer turned around. "Oh, I was just setting up a bunch of exercises for Y/N to do. She has a fight scene and—"

"That's awfully elaborate."

"It should be a well done scene that actually encapsulates what we do."

Emily raised an eyebrow. "You go through a lot of trouble for this girl."

"I'm doing my job."

"Is acting like her boyfriend part of that?" She crossed her arms.

Spencer groaned. "That's human decency."

"Is there a chance that—"

"Oops, left something at my desk. Sorry, Em, gotta go." The boy quickly left the room.

She pressed her palm to her forehead. "Such a stupid genius."

"Right, after you kick his side, you shoot. Remember, all shots you shoot should not be to kill." Spencer motioned to the prop gun in your hand.

"Got it."

"Let's go over it again." Spencer stepped back. "Left."

You kicked up your left leg, knocking the prop gun from Spencer's hand. Spencer jumped forwards, his hands locking around your arms as the two of you struggled for a few moments.

"Duck."

You ducked from under him, rolling to the side and getting up, aiming the gun. Spencer attempted to knock at it, your leg swinging and knocking him from his feet.

"Up and roll."

You got up, rolling him over climbing onto his back, attempting to cuff Spencer's wrists. "Now you—"

Spencer rolled over, now on top of you, his two hands on the ground to each side of you. He suddenly blanked on what the next stunt was, distracted by the small bead of sweat just beside your eye.