11 | Flip the Script

You weren't exactly sure where you were going, but you were going somewhere. Being quite frank, you had exhausted all of your options: Spencer, Anissa, and Josh all were pissed at you—sort of rightfully.

You found your feet slowly guiding you towards a playground in the center of DC, completely abandoned at the late hours of the night. Swings had always been a comfort to you, even as a kid, so it wasn't shocking that you were rocking back and forth on it like a child as tears slowly trickled down your cheeks.

"Scuse' me?" A high pitched voice interrupted you.

You quickly wiped your eyes, turning around to see 2 girls—definitely early teens. "Hm?"

"Are you Y/N L/N?"

You nodded, flashing a small smile through the slightly smudged mascara on your upper cheeks.

"I told you!" The other girl exclaimed, pulling out her phone. "Can we have a photo?!"

You were angry. You were sitting on a swing by yourself after essentially ruining your chances with the first man you've ever found yourself truly caring for, yelling at your only friend for no reason, and straining your relationship with your only blood relative, and they wanted a picture?

How would they know? To them, you were merely a figure they saw on screens, magazines, and billboards—a portion of your life that the entire world views as all of you.

"Of course," you whispered, smiling through the burning feeling in your chest. "Have a nice night."

The two girls squealed, running off together.

You would never be a regular human to the rest of the world, not even to Anissa, Spencer, and Josh.

"Hi," you croaked.

Anissa peered outside the small crack in the door, a box of cupcakes in your arms as you stood outside, tears already pooling in your eyes. "Hi."

"I really need my best friend...not my manager. My manager can stay mad at me, I deserve it. I just—" Your voice broke. "I need you."

Anissa smiled softly. "Manager me is still annoyed with you, just so you know."

"I'll take it," you joked, wrapping your arms around her.

"Did you just hug me?"

"I'm emotional."

"God, a few days in a fight, and you're a mess. You need me, huh?" Anissa smirked.

"I'm proud of that."

"Come on, I'm making tea."

"Wait, wait. You're one of the biggest celebrities in the world; you can date anyone, and you want the scrawny FBI agent?"

"Hot, scrawny FBI agent," you murmured.

Anissa snickered, sipping her tea. "But you basically rejected him because I yelled at you."

"You were right! I can't force him into my life, Anissa. I just—"

"Okay stop." You frowned. "Y/N, you can't force him into your life, yes, but he genuinely has feelings for you. That's not forcing him into your world, that's him wanting to be with you and being in your world intentionally."

"But—"

"You making him play your fake boyfriend and him willingly being your real one are entirely different."

You shook your head. "He's not famous."

"So?"

"They'd eat him alive."

"The media adores Spencer Perrier, who cares?"

"I dunno." You exhaled. "I preferred feelings when they were in my script."

Anissa chuckled. "Who knew Y/N L/N even had emotions?"

"Hilarious."

"Level with me. If you weren't who you are, would you be with him?"

"I wouldn't have met him."

"Y/N," she groaned.

"Yes! I would!" Your cheeks reddened.

"There's your answer." Anissa wiggled her eyebrows. "If you, a celebrity, can date a regular person, does this mean I have a shot with Andrew Garfield?"

"I'll let him know you're available," you joked, standing up. "I have someone to see."

short chapter sorry but dw it's going down soon heheh also hi sorry I have been so absent uhm writers block, school, and uh lazy LMAO