20 | Resolution

"Bad day?"

You were sitting on the front doorstep. "No."

"Y/N, you're crying."

"Am not!" You fired back.

Your brother chuckled, kneeling down to your level. "Aha. You got spit-balled." He carefully pulled the little white blobs from your hair. "Terrible form."

A small smile played on your lips. "They missed a lot."

"You're untouchable, Y/N." Josh held out a hand, helping you up. "I know you hate them, but can I hug—"

You threw your arms around your brother, burying your face in his chest. "I love you."

"Love you too, kiddo."

You stared blankly at the man sitting across from you, unrecognizable compared to the boy you grew up with. "Why?"

"What do you mean 'why'?" Josh crossed his arms.

"Why would you do that to Spencer? Do that to me?"

Your bother exhaled. "Y/N, you know I love you. I want what's best for you, and Spencer was—"

"Stop it!" You slammed your hands on the table, even warranting a flinch from Agent Hotchner in the corner. "You don't get to make me feel bad anymore."

"I don't make you feel bad, Y/N. You just can't tell the difference between tough love and manipulation!"

You scoffed. "That's rich." Pushing the chair back, you walked over to your brother, crouching down to his level. "How's this for tough love? Fuck you, I'm taking my money back."

"Y/N! You little bitch!" He yelled as you walked out the door.

You held up your middle finger, a smirk on your lips as you left the room.

"You go, girl," Emily said as you walked by.

You paused. "Can I go home?"

Hotch nodded. "You've been a great help."

"Unrelated follow-up. Where is Dr. Reid?"

The smallest hint of a smile seemed to crack on Agent Hotchner. "Home."

"Farewell then." You grabbed your bag and headed to the car.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Spencer stood up, walking to the door. "I'm not interested in buying—Y/N..."

You extended your arm, a bouquet of snowdrop flowers in hand. "Here."

"Uhm...thank you. They're really nice." He carefully took them, avoiding touching your hand with his own.

"They mean love."

Spencer smiled slightly. "Actually, they mean hope."

"Wait, shit. Do they really?" Your eyes widened.

The boy nodded. "But I think they're more fitting for...us."

"Us?" You looked at your feet. "Is there still an us? I was rude and closed off, and I should've shared my feelings and been honest with you, but I have this stupid sense of pride in everything I do and—"

His lips shut you up. Spencer pulled back after a few seconds. "Y/N L/N, as long as you and I are both walking on this earth, there will be an us." He tucked one of the snowdrops behind your ear. "At least I have hope that there will be."

"So do I," you whispered, cupping his face and connecting your lips again.

Spencer pulled you into the apartment, your back hitting the door and closing it shut. The two of you stumbled down the hallway, and Spencer hurriedly tossing the bouquet onto the table. He lifted you onto the counter, your legs wrapping around his waist as you kissed him.

His lips trailed down your neck, gently pressing against each spot on your collarbone. "You're so beautiful."

"Thank you," you whispered, giggling as his lips moved back up your neck. "Sorry."

Spencer pressed his forehead against yours. "I want to hear every sound you make."

"Is that an invitation?"

"Would you accept?"

You grinned, quickly unbuttoning his shirt, tossing it aside. "Damn," you mumbled, quickly scanning his abdomen.

"May I?" Spencer asked, taking a piece of fabric from your top between his fingers. You nodded quickly, and he pulled it off over your shoulders. "You're gorgeous."

"So are you. Is that weird? Calling you gorgeous?"

The boy laughed softly between kisses. "If it's coming from you, I love it." He picked you up, shutting the door to his bedroom behind him as he slowly lowered you onto the bed. You unzipped his pants, and he quickly pulled them off. You kicked your own off.

"Are you sure?" Spencer whispered, his hand lingering just above your inner thigh.

Those eyes had a way of making you feel safe. "Yes."

You lay your chin on his bare chest, which you noticed rose and fell in 5 second intervals. Despite being so frantic when awake, you found that Spencer was incredibly peaceful when he slept. It was cute.

"How long have you been awake?" The man asked, wrapping an arm around you.

Oh wow, that's a morning voice.

"Not long." You kicked a leg over his, cuddling yourself against him. "Did you sleep well?"

"Better than I have in years." His hands gently weaved through your hair.

"Spencer?"

His eyes were still shut. "Mm?"

"I think I love you." They opened, and he sat up. You followed, wrapping the sheets around your bare chest. "Sorry, I didn't mean to—"

"I love you."

You smiled. "Cool."

"Very cool."

A grumbling sound came from your stomach. "Sorry..."

"Let's go get waffles."

"I love waffles! How did you know?"

Spencer winked. "I googled you when we met too."

And so you found yourself in an unfamiliar city, in the midst of one of the biggest scandals in Hollywood history, and surrounded by a flurry of news about your every move since Josh's arrest. But yet, as you sat on a street curb at 3 in the morning, a food truck waffle in hand, and the man you think you wanted to marry beside you, shit suddenly didn't seem so bad.

that's the last official chapter of scripted! i can't believe i actually finished this one LMAO. i've been so busy with school and other commitments, but i really like this story and the relationship between y/n and spencer. i'm gonna write an epilogue and then add some random one shots about the two every once in a while.

thank you for reading!!!