10 | Going Off Script

His honey eyes slowly locked into yours, holding you still.

His fingers softly brushed a strand of hair from your face.

His lips gently moved to your jawline.

"Spencer," you whispered.

"And I was—" Anissa paused. "What about Spencer? Is he calling you? Good, there are some tabloids asking to talk to you guys—"

You quickly moved your cheek from your hand, snapping out of whatever daze you were in. "Pardon uhm...what were you saying?"

Anissa frowned, crossing her arms. "I was saying that we need to start figuring out what do about Spencer."

"What do you mean?"

"We're nearly halfway through production, so the movie isn't far off from being announced. Then, people will realize you and Tristan being together was merely work, and Spencer won't be needed."

You coughed. "I wouldn't say not needed."

"Think about it, Y/N. Spencer was there to get the media off your back, and they are."

"What if they suspect our whole plan!?"

"They won't. They'll know you and Tristan were together for work, and breakups are common."

You pursed your lips. "Spencer and I should keep this up after movie promotions, then we can blame it on my schedule."

"Well—"

"It's the best idea. For the both of us, of course." You nodded quickly.

Anissa sat down next to you. "Y/N."

"Hm? Is there a problem?"

"Spencer isn't an actor."

"Well duh." You snickered.

"I mean it, Y/N. What are you going to do? Just summon Spencer at your every call to live a whole fake life under a fake name for you? That's—that's wrong."

"Anissa—"

"Y/N, listen to me. Spencer has a life too, and it isn't fair that you're delaying him from being...normal for your own gain."

You stood up. "I am not delaying him from anything!"

"I don't want you to get mad, I'm just saying that...Spencer isn't Spencer Perrier...he's Spencer Reid."

"I think you should go," you murmured.

"Y/N, it's just an observation—"

"GO." You whirled around, Anissa stepping back. "Wait—"

Anissa quickly grabbed her bag, walking out before you could say another word.

"Shit."

"I just...I don't even know what happened." Spencer slowly spun in the chair.

"Walk me through it again."

"We're in the car."

"Uhuh," Penelope sipped her coffee.

"And she was saying something about practicing uhm...stuff."

"Stuff?"

"Just ya know—couple stuff."

Penelope raised an eyebrow.

"She wanted us to kiss! So we could do it naturally in public!"

The woman's jaw dropped. "SPENCER REID! YOU KISSED Y/N L/N?!"

"NO! Well...she kissed my cheek. It was weird."

She furled her brows. "Weird? How?"

Spencer hesitated. "We were about to...do the actual thing. I don't know."