Chapter 1

Keith's POV

I wake up to my alarm blaring. It's always so quiet in my foster house. I get up and get in the shower.

Once I'm ready I head downstairs and straight out the door. I don't eat breakfast ever since I try to get out of the house as fast as I can I hate it there, plus eating breakfast makes me sick. It's rainy today so I can't take my motorcycle so I start my walk to school.

On my way to school I see a beautiful tan boy walk beside me. He's tall and lean, his short hair falls lightly on his face. He has his head down slightly so I can't really see his face. I grab my headphones putting them on and starting up my playlist. I then put my head down and push passed him trying my best so he doesn't notice me. I've never really liked talking to people. People are too loud and annoying so I tend to avoid them at all costs. The only person that I ever really opened up to was Shiro. Part of it was that I was constantly thrown from foster home to foster home no one ever wanted me. The home I'm at right now isn't as bad as the other ones I've been to. I'm not saying it's good either far from that actually.

"Hey." The boy said shaking me from my thoughts. I tried to ignore him turning up my volume and moving a little quicker. I jumped when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I shut my eyes tight.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you." The boy took his hand off my shoulder and moved it to his neck giving a shy smile.

"What do you want?" I say not meaning for it to sound that cold.

"Oh uh sorry...I uh am new here and I was just trying to find my way to school."

"I'm going to school too follow me if you want." I say as I continue listening to my music. Turning it down a bit because I accidentally turned it up a bit to high.

"Hey whatcha listenin' to" the boy then grabs my headphones and puts them on.

"Hey give them back!" I say as a smirk falls on his face.

"Emo music huh?" He then takes them off and gives them back to me.

"Whatever." I put them back on. "Tear in my heart" by twenty one pilots is on. I put my head down and close my eyes as a smile falls on my face. I love this song I don't know why but I do it makes me happy.

When we get to school the boy turns to me. I finally see his whole face. His skin is so smooth. His eyes are a bright blue just like the ocean. He's very pretty I will admit that.

"Thanks for helping me to school, the names Lance!" He flashes a bright smile.

"Keith." I say and start to turn away but he stops me.

"Maybe you can be my first friend here!"

"No I don't do friends." I say and turn away heading to class.

Lance's POV

Geez what an asshole anyway might as well head to class. I already took a tour around the school so I already know where all of my classes are.

When I get to class I introduce myself and get my seat. I was sat between a bigger guy with skin a little darker then mine and with black hair and on the other side a small person I'm not sure how they identify so I'm gonna ask. They have short honey brown hair with matching eyes. They wear a pair of glasses that remind me of Harry Potter.

"Hi I'm Hunk and that's Pidge nice to meet you!" The guy next to me says with sweet smile.

"Hi nice to meet you too!"

"If you want you can sit with us at lunch if you don't have anyone to sit with!" The guy now known as Hunk said.

"Sure I can sit with you guys and by the way what are your pronouns?" I say turning to the smaller one next to me known as Pidge.

"They/them."

"Oh okay thanks!"