Chapter 2

Lance's POV

It's been a couple of hours and the day has went on with little to no obstacles. Thank god there is only one more hour till lunch. I was walking to my next class after stopping at my locker when something catches my attention.

"Shiro please! You know how they are!" It was that Keith kid from earlier.

"I'm sorry Keith you can't stay with me again you know what happened last time." Huh? What is he talking about? I know I shouldn't be listening in but here I am.

"Keith you know I want you out of as much as you do but I can't do anything."

"Yeah it's funny you say that but you don't even try to get me out of there! You know what whatever it's not like you care anyway!" I saw Keith coming toward the door and I ran.

I wonder what they were talking about. Get Keith out of where? Eh whatever it's not my business.

Keith's POV

I storm out of the room. I get where Shiro is coming from I do but I can't help but think he doesn't care.

I just head to class. I sit down and pull out my book tuning out the world until class starts.

"Hello class as some of you may know we have a new student in class today." Oh great HE'S in this class. "You may come in and introduce yourself now." In walks the tan boy from earlier. He may be pretty but he's annoying.

"Hello I'm Lance! I was born in Cuba but I moved to the US when I was five. I just moved here from California. And um I like surfing." The class started clapping as I layed my head on my desk.

"Thank you Lance you can sit down next to Keith." Of course. He then sits down next to me.

"Hey mullet." I ignore him.

"Geez why do you have to be such an asshole." He rolls his eyes.

"Yeah I'm the asshole." I grumble out.

"Yeah you are I was trying to be your friend and then you have to be all cold and edgy."

"Detention Mr. Mcclain and Mr. Kogane!" Whatever at least I get to go back to the hell hole later.

"Great going Keith."

"Whatever."

Lance's POV

"Can I have Lance mcclain to the office please?" I hear come over the speakers. Huh?

I head to the office. It's probably nothing the principle is probably calling me down to talk to me since I'm new.

"Are you Lance?" The lady at the front desk says to me.

"Uh yeah!"

"Okay we have a call from your mom." Huh? She never calls me at school.

"Uh okay?" I'm starting to get nervous.

"Hey mom is something wrong?"

"Um Veronica and Racheal got in an accident."

"What!? What happened are they okay?" Oh no no no please tell me they're okay!

"They were heading out to run some errands and they had a collision with an other car and they flipped off the road. They are in the hospital right now we haven't heard anything yet." God damnit!

"Alright I'm on my way!"

"No your not."

"What!?"

"You need to stay at school. I'll keep you updated. But you need to stay at school."

"Mama!"

"I'm sorry mi hijo but you need to stay at school." She then hung up. Damnit!

I head back to class it feels like the world just crashed down on me. My body trembles as I walk. My thoughts are running and the world feels fuzzy.

I sit down bouncing my leg not able to pay attention to the teacher. Only being able to think if Rach and Ronnie are gonna be okay.

The rest of class went just like that. Not being able to pay attention to anything and fidgeting nonstop.

At lunch I sat at the table with Pidge, Hunk, and their friends. But I couldn't pay attention to anything I just sat there fidgeting my head down.

"Hey are you okay?" The one I was introduced to as Allura asked sweeping me from my thoughts.

"Oh uh I'm fine."

"Okay." She said not seeming convinced.