Chapter 4

Keith's POV

Finally it's the end of the day and I'm on my way to detention. I'm honestly not upset about having detention. Though some may not agree I like having detention. For most it's a boring inconvenience but for me it's an excuse to not go home. The thing I am upset about is who it's with. Lance Mcclain. The tall cuban boy with tan skin and ocean eyes. I can't lie and say he's ugly cause he's not. He's actually quite cute.

I'm pretty sure something happened because he has been acting all fidgety and nervous. I know I don't really know him but he can't be that fidgety. He's been bouncing his leg none stop and he keeps playing his hands. Whatever it's none of my concern.

I finally made to the detention room. I take a seat grabbing out my notebook and contemplating what to draw. An image pops up of Lance's face lighting up when talking about singing and playing his guitar. What the fuck why can't I get that image out of head. I shake away the thoughts and begin to sketch.

No one's in here other than me and the teacher. Finally Lance walks in head down.

"Lance sit down next to Keith and now that your both here do homework or read. No playing games, no phones, and no talking."

Time skip

The teacher left not too long ago to go talk to another teacher. She said it probably take a while. So I just continued my sketch. I then feel someone rip the book out from under me.

"Whatcha drawin' huh?" He looks shocked as I rip the book from his hands.

"Hey give it back!"

Lance's POV

As I looked down at the drawing Keith had been working on my eyes widen. He said he reads and listens to music he never said anything about art. There it was a beautiful wolf in front of a blade with a design on the handle. Roses were surrounding it tying it all together. He quickly rips it from my hands.

"Hey give it back!"

"Holy shit man that looks so good! That must have taken a lot of practice how long have you been drawing?" Keith closed the book and put it his bag.

"Don't grab my stuff like that! And... thanks I-I guess." He puts his head down slightly so he's hiding behind his hair and damn it's cute.

"I-I've been drawing for quite a while." He stutters. I feel my heart flutter at how cute he is as a smile graces my lips. My phone then starts to ring making me jump. I quickly pick up. Keith has been able to distract me for a minute but as soon as the phone rings my worry comes flooding back.

"Mom? Is everything okay?"

"We got an update they are both in critical condition and are being taken care of right now. Veronica is in worse condition because she jumped in front of Racheal to protect her."

"Okay I'm coming!"

"But" I hung up before she could finish. I couldn't just sit here and do nothing while my sisters were in the hospital suffering and in pain. I quickly grab my stuff and run out the door and all the way to my car. I get in and head to the hospital.

I feel tears build up so many thoughts run through my head and it's so overwhelming. Finally when I get to the hospital and run inside to where my mom was. Everyone was there except for my Abuela and Abuelo. But they live in Cuba they wanted to move here but they didn't have the money.

"Tío Lance!" Nadia and Marco yell running to me and I pick them up.

"When can we see them?" I asked Mama.

"Mi hijo I know your worried but you can't leave school like that you had detention for a reason. I'll let it slide this time but it can't happen again." I could hear the worry in her voice but she made sure her face said otherwise. She always tries to stay strong for everyone.

"What took so long Lance!" Nadia frowns at me. A sad smile makes it's way to my face.

"I was bad so I had to stay after school."

"Lance got in trouble~" Nadia and Marco both giggle.

"What did they make you do?" Marco asks as he looks at me.

"They made me sit in a room and do nothing it's so boring. And I had this guy there with me. He is so (emo) annoyyyyyying and quiiiiiiiieeeeeet." The two helped get my mind off of everything a little. I want to try to cheer everyone up as much as I can.

Keith's POV

Lance ran out the door. He was on the verge of tears when he left. I wonder what that call was about. He was so happy but the second he got that call his whole attitude changed. He went back to being nervous and fidgety.

I have to admit I miss having him here. Not because I want to be his friend or anything like that obviously but he gave me something to do someone to talk to. Jeez why can't I get him out of my head.

Hey guys Im so sorry it took me so long to update. Life happened and Ive been really busy with school. I've had zero motivation. I love yall and I hope you enjoyed <333