Chapter 11

Hey guys i know its been quite a while! Long story short a lot of thing have been happening and problems with my mental health and lack of motivation but IM BACK! I will try to update more but I still have school so please be patient with me! Anyways here we go!

Lance's POV

We lay on the ground as Keith smiles holding his hippo. He looks so cute, his smile just keeps growing. This day has been so great honestly I don't know how but for some reason I feel so open with Keith.

"Hey, Keith" I don't want to interrupt the beautiful smile on his face but I couldn't help but wonder.

"Are we friends?" I really do want to be his friend. We started off rocky at best but just in these two days we are so much closer.

He was silent.

Keith's POV

I don't know what to say. I see as Lance turns away and I feel my chest ache. I really do want to be his friend but I'm not sure I can. I'm already starting to get attached and I really don't want to lose him.

"Ok then, well we better head back so we can go to school tomorrow. I don't need my mama worrying more than she already is." He gets up his shark in one arm as he takes off his tiara. I don't know why such a small action that started out as a joke hurt so much. I want to say we were, I did but I was scared. I was scared of getting close to someone again. I was scared of losing someone, losing him.

I got up and we started walking to the car. Damnit!

"Lance" I start but I'm interrupted by his phone ringing.

He quickly picks up the phone.

"Mama is there an update are they okay?" I hate this feeling, seeing Lance hurting. The worry for family I only ever felt that with my dad. I never had any siblings and my mom left after I was born. The only people I call family were Shiro and Adam. So this love and worry that Lance shows is foreign to me.

Lance's POV

"Mi hijo, Racheal is now stable and is being moved into a recovery room. We can visit her as of tomorrow." I felt a wave of relief. Thank god Racheal is getting better.

"Ok what about Ronny." Anxiety started flooding me again.

"...Mi hijo, she hasn't gotten much better and she is being moved into emergency surgery soon." My body starts to tremble. My legs go weak but I manage to remain standing. Tears start to slip. Fuck!

"Okay I'm going to drop Keith off at home and I will be there as soon as I can." I manage to speak with minimal shakiness.

"Lance there isn't anything you can do right now. Go home and get some sleep, I know a lot is happening right now but you can't miss school again."

"But" I was cut off immediately.

"Lance I got a call from the school. You can't skip school okay I know you're worried we all are but you can't skip school, te amo mi hijo now get some sleep, you can visit Racheal after school." She hung up. Damnit!

"Lance?"

"Come on." I really don't mean to be mean but I'm mad. Why did all of this have to happen.

I was going to walk away but Keith grabbed my arm. I didn't look at him.

"Lance, I'm sorry I know I can't do anything about your sisters but if there is anything I can do to cheer you up then I will."

"Why would you even care we're not even friends right?" I'm not mad at him, I'm mad at the world. He was just there. Something I could blame my anger on.

He just froze. I saw his face drop. It took me a minute to realize what I just did.

"Right sorry. Um I should head back to the hospital I left my bike there last night. I will try talking to Shiro and see if he will let me stay there." Fuck damnit what wrong with me!

"No Keith I'm sorry. I was upset and I took it out on you." The hurt in his eyes never left.

"I have to go see you at school I guess."

"Keith." I tried but he kept walking.

Keith's POV

Damnit I knew this would happen! This is why you don't trust people Keith they always hurt you! Fuck!

I was stopped by Lance grabbing my sleeve. I turned to look at him. He had drying tear tracks on his cheek shining with the moon. His blue eyes sad with reflection of the stars, water getting ready to fall.

"Please Keith I understand if you don't want to be my friend but I still can't just leave you with no place to stay. Believe it or not Keith I do care about you and I want you to at least be safe. Even with how much I want to be your friend I can't force you, but I can still help you." This gave me some type of courage, wether it was good or bad I'm not sure but now I'm willing to take a risk. Damnit Lance what are you doing to me. I drop my hippo and hug him.

"Lance I do want to be your friend. I will try my best not to screw it up" Lance drops his shark and hugs me back.

After that we both hop in the car and head to the hospital to pick up my bike. The ride is left in a more comfortable type of silence. I look over at Lance and I can see he is still stressed.

"Hey Lance?"

"Yeah?"

"Um, n-never mind" I look out the window with a light blush. I wanted to help him but I couldn't think of what to say.

"What is it Keith"

"T-thank you... for everything, it really does mean a lot." I see a smile appear it doesn't last long though. I decide to leave him alone for now. He seems like he needs it.

Hey guys thank you so much to everyone reading this! I love you guys and I will try to post more now!

Have a good day/night everyone!❤️