Comfort

The next day, Adrien had to find a way to get to Marinette's house as himself but his father won't allow him. His bodyguard deeply cares about him but he has to listen to Gabriel or risk losing his job. He paced back and forth thinking.

"Kid, pigtails could be having panic attacks anytime soon! Just sneak out as Cat Noir!" Plagg said, worried that Marinette will go through severe panic attacks if his owner is not there on time to comfort her.

"Good idea. Plagg claws out!" He transformed.

He turns on the piano radio as he snuck out and goes to Marinette's apartment. Running on all fours on the roof like a cat. He hopes that he'll find a way to comfort Marinette as Adrien since she felt calm when he's with her yesterday.

"Hang in there, Marinette," He said to himself.

He hopes that she's not getting another nightmare or a lack of sleep again. He found the bakery but decided to go inside the bakery instead to let Tom and Sabine know that Adrien won't make it. He jumped down and walked inside the entrance to greet Tom and Sabine.

"Hey Mr. and Mrs. Dupain-Cheng," He said.

"Hello Cat Noir," They both said.

"Adrien was supposed to come but apparently his grumpy father won't let him out. So instead, he told me to keep an eye on Marinette for him. I made a promise to Adrien and Marinette" Cat Noir explained.

"I see. Well, she's up there" Sabine said.

"Thank you" Cat Noir goes upstairs to the top level of the building and into the apartment room and then finally up to Marinette's room, "Princess, your kitty's here"

She looked a little pale since she's been staring at nothing. It was like she didn't want to go back to sleep again or this nightmare she's having will haunt her mind again.

"Oh, Marinette" Cat Noir walks up to her.

"Are.....you......real?" Marinette spoke slowly to make sure he's real.

"Yes, it's me" He replied and touched her cheek gently, "I'm here. I did promise Adrien to look after you" Cat Noir said.

"Oh Cat" Marinette hugged him.

"My princess. I never seen you so scared in my nine lives." He carried her up to her loft bed since she's gonna need lots of naps.

"I just can't tell you what I'm seeing" Marinette replied.

She can still see Cat Blanc behind Cat Noir, smirking evilly at her.

"Princess look at me" Cat Noir tried to make her look at him but her eyes were on Cat Blanc.

The black feline has no idea what she's staring at when there's nothing but just a wall. He looks back and then turns confused, "What were you looking at?"

"N-Nothing," She said in high pitch.

"Come here" He hugged her, caressing her back. Marinette started to cry in her cat hero's chest.

"Shhh.....let it out, princess. Let it out" He rocked her gently to calm her down from whatever nightmare she's going through. He wished she can tell him what she's afraid of but she still doesn't want to talk about it.

She ran her hand on his arm, making him purr softly. His purring was like music to her. His was very comforting while Cat Blanc's purring was deadly and scary to her.

"Relax princess, I'm right here" He shushed softly.

"I really....want this....palpitations to go away" She buried her face in his chest.