𝐭𝐰𝐨

CHAPTER TWO | LATE NIGHT SNACK
tw gruesome scenes, blood, and murder
"I can't handle this anymore. They keep calling and calling like they didn't kick me out a year ago! They keep asking how school is as if they didn't disown me. I'm sick and tired of them acting like everything is fine. I can't take it anymore!" Tears trailed down the girls cheeks as she threw things around her room. Her parents, Dane and Evangeline, had called her less than ten minutes ago as if the things that happened her sophomore year didn't actually happen.

"Den, hey, calm down. Just breathe, and stop breaking shit." Randall had attempted to hold her in place but it just caused more anger to burn inside her. Lilith had been calling Hamish for about five minutes, getting his voice mail every time.

"Don't tell me to calm down! Please."

"Hamish! Oh thank god! It's Denny. Her parents called and she's not taking things very well right now. You need to get here, now." Arden had a tendency to run from her problems, literally and metaphorically. She would ignore all her issues and leave, and possibly return in a few hours, or days. Arden quickly began to take her sweats and shirt off, walking out of her room, as she removed every other piece of clothing she owned, grabbing her robe from the bathroom on her way out. "Well, it's a bit too late. Uhm, she's leaving."

"Lil, stay on the phone with Hamish! Don't leave the house in case she comes back!" Randall quickly followed suite, removing his clothes and grabbing his robe, running after the blonde. Sure, the wolves could sniff out the girl, or even listen for her, but with Arden it was different. If she didn't want to be found, she wasn't going to be. Alpine, her hide, was known for being swift, hard to catch and hard to find. She was light on her feet, extremely difficult to track or hunt, and never makes a sound when she moved, making her impossible to find.

"Hamish, you need to get here now!"

"Denny, no!" The blonde ran through the woods surrounding the den with Randall following right behind her. She quickly removed her robe, throwing it to the ground before Alpines grey eyes took over Ardens bright blue ones. Randall's hide, Greybeard, quickly came out, running after Alpine as she ran.

..........

It had been an hour after the girl first ran when she finally stopped, her ears peeking at the sound of voices. She quietly crept up on the group of people, recognizing all of them. Kyle, a known member of the Order, stood with Bailey, another younger girl in the Order, and Jack, who stood in front of the two with a shovel. The werewolf stalked towards the group as Greybeard ran up towards her, finally finding her, realizing she had found a group of what could end up as late night snacks. The two watched as the girl pulled out a silver knife, holding it up to Jack as she let out a giggle. Bailey quickly brought the knife down towards her other hand, making a long cut on her palm, her blood running down hers fingers, Kyle pulling his out to begin doing the same.

"Eh, do you know how a fight actually works?" The short brunette brought her bloody hand up to her face, speaking into it.

"Deleatur." Suddenly, the gravestone is front of Jack falling to a piece of rubble as a ringing sounded in the two wolves ears, the two finally showing themselves to the boy with the shovel.

"Holy shit." The Morton boy quickly tightened his grip on the shovel, slowly backing away.

"That's right, you should be very scared of us." Alpine set her eyes on Bailey, snarling as she quietly moved towards her, Greybeard moving towards Kyle.

"Guys, behind you." Bailey looked at Kyle, chuckling before the two looked back to Jack.

"Do you honestly think we'll fall for that?" Alpine let out a low growl, making the two stiffen as Jack met eyes with Greybeard. The two slowly turned around, meeting the two wolves and slowly moving away. Alpine quickly jumped at the girl as Kyle ran towards Jack, who brought his shovel up, knocking Kyle down. Bailey screamed in horror as the werewolf attacked her, the girl bringing her knife up, jabbing it up into the wolfs lower torso. The wolf sunk her teeth into the witches right shoulder, making her scream louder before she dug her claws into her torso, ripping through her tanned skin.

"Holy shit. Please, I'm just a pledge." Eventually with all the rapid bleeding, about ten seconds later, Bailey took her last breathe, the wolf biting her way through her chest, ripping out the girls heart, eating it. Alpine and Greybeard quickly got off the the students, Jack still being alive before running back into the woods. When they got back to the place their robes had been, the two students transformed back into themselves, tying their robes back up before Arden took a step, falling against the tree in front of her.

"Denny!" Randall quickly ran over to the girl, moving his arm under her head before placing his hand on her cheek, making her look at him. "Den, hey, what's wrong?" The girl looked at Randall, her breathing slow as she attempted to speak, the boy catching a glimpse of the blood seeping through her robe. "Fuck."

"Please get me to Hamish." The boy picked her up, not saying anything as he ran her home, making sure she stayed awake. "Ow, fuck." Randall suddenly barged through the doors of the wolves den, placing Denny on the couch.

"Hamish! Lilith, hurry! Anybody!" Hamish quickly ran into the room, seeing the two, he let out a sigh of relief before seeing Arden bleeding out on their couch.

"Shit! What happened?"

"I went after her and we heard the ringing. We saw some girl do a spell and she jumped at her. I guess the girl stabbed Den and she asked for you so you better help her." Hamish glared at Randall's bossiness, before the tall black hair boy looked back down at the girl bleeding on the couch. "Hamish, please."

"In her room, on her desk. She keeps a small jar of magical healing goop. It should be a really gross color. Go!" Randall quickly ran up to the girls room as Hamish kneeled down next to the injured girl.

"I'm sorry for running, Hamish. It's my fault. I'm sorry."

"Hey, no. Let's get you healed and then we'll talk about all of this okay? Just stay still, you aren't healing quick enough." The girls looked at Hamish and nodded her head as Randall ran back down the stairs with a mason jar in his hands, tossing it to Hamish, who caught it, unscrewing the lid. Randall quickly handing him a small rag, dipping it in the substance before slightly moving the girls robe to see her wound, placing the rag on it. The girl let out a soft grunt as her breathing grew steady, thanking the man. Arden swiftly stood up from the couch, the blood on her robe making it stick to her body.

"Thank you. Both of you. I'm sorry for being an inconvenience again." And with that, the girl quickly walked up the stairs to her room, not saying another word to anyone. Hamish slowly stood up, stopping Randall from going after her, knowing she needed time.

"Talk to her in the morning. Go find Lilith. She went after you two."