𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

CHAPTER THREE | WOLF HUNT
"I'm sorry I dragged you into that. You didn't deserve that and now they know that we're here at the school. It's my fault. If I didn't get mad, the Order wouldn't have found out. Im sorry." Randall stopped walking, grabbing Ardens arm to stop her, pulling her towards him, wrapping his arms around the blonde.

"It's not your fault, okay? Denny, look at me." The blonde girl slowly moved her head to look up at the boy who had his signature smile plastered on his face. "It wasn't your fault. You had the right to be mad, and you know I am always here for you. Now let's go study. I got a test in two weeks and it's going to kick my ass." The two chuckled, letting go of each other as they walked into Blade and Chalice, sitting at a booth. After about twenty minutes of the two of them talking, the door opened again, the two turning to see Jack walk in.

"Hope I'm not interrupting your guys' date?"

"You are."

"You're not." The boy looked at the two before sliding into the booth next to Arden, who glared at the boy.

"You guys are gonna think I'm insane. I think I know what's killing everyone." The two looked up from their books, giving the Morton boy all of their attention.

"Don't you mean, who?" Jack began to shake his head, taking a quick glance at Arden as she adjusted herself to face him.

"No, definitely what." Randall and Arden looked at each other, the boy softly chuckled to himself before speaking.

"You mean like the weapon? What is it? Is it like a machete? A parang?" Before the boy could finish, Jack cut him off, clearly done with Randall's bullshit.

"A werewolf. Well two werewolves." Now it was Ardens turn to speak, intrigued by the boys thoughts.

"Oh, cute. Mythical creatures. Where'd you come up with that one? You sure it wasn't like a coyote? Or an actual wolf?" Jack scoffed, not even looking at the blonde girl, who was ready to kick him out of their booth.

"I've seen it, okay? It's chased me. Also, I've chased it, which I think I need to do again." The two wolves looked at each other, amused by the boy before Arden shrugged her shoulders, nodding as Randall leaned over the table.

"Dude, are you seriously asking me and Den on a werewolf hunt?" The Morton boy quickly began to grab his bag, all hope being crushed until Arden spoke.

"We're in." Jack turned to the two, a smile on his face.

"And what if I'm wrong?"

"Dude what if you're right?"

..........

Arden and Randall dug through Jacks bag, seeing a taser, a small knife, a pound of hamburger meat, making the two look at each other in confusion before Arden grabbed it and chucked across the road into some shrubs.

"What's with the hamburger?" Randall looked at the girl, his eyes widening before she motioned back to the boy.

"I don't know. Tradition." Suddenly the sound of Gabrielle Dupres's annoying voice caught Jacks attention as Randall zipped up his bag. "Here we go." Randall threw her arm over Ardens shoulder, something he did out of habit, which Arden didn't seem to mind as they walked quietly behind the girl. They watched her talk on the phone before she bumped into a girl, yelling at her which made the Macauley girl laugh.

"Pretty gnarly, Morton. You're using you're buddies as bait." Jack looked at the girl tucked into Randalls side, his brows furrowing in confusion.

"That's not what we're doing." The boy cut himself short when he realized that he was in fact wrong and the two were right.

"So we're not following suspected pledges around hoping a werewolf comes and kills them?" Jack looked at the boy, nodding his head slowly.

"Shit. That's exactly what we're doing. We need a better plan." Randall looked down at Arden who nodded her head.

"Trust me, this is a great one." The boy removed his arm from around the girl and pushed Jack away, towards Gabrielles direction. "Go get her!" Randall and Arden watched as Jack walked behind the girl, Arden tightening her grip on her bag before turning to Randall.

"Well at least he won't go telling people, right?" Randall looked down at the girl, placing his arm back over her shoulders, turning her to walk down the sidewalk opposite direction of Jack.

"We need to tell Hamish they know about us." Randall turned his head to look in the girls direction, only to see nothing, a growing smirk on his face as he rolled his eyes. "And she's gone. I forget she can do that."