𝐭𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER TEN | IVE GOT YOU
"Please, no! Please, god, no! What have I done! Help! Someone help me!" Randall shot up from his bed, hearing the girl scream. He jumped out of bed without a second thought, running to her room to see her thrashing around in her bed, tears rolling down her closed eyes. The Carpio boy slipped his arms around the girl, dropping down to sit on her bed, holding her arms down as he pulled her close. Lilith and Hamish came running into the room, letting out a sigh of relief when he saw Randall already in there.

"I've got her. Go back to bed." The two nodded their heads as Arden's breathing began to slow down, her eyes fluttering open. "Denny? Den, hey. Hey, it's okay. Shh, it's alright."

"Randall?" Randall placed his head on top of hers, as she placed her cold hands on his arms, wondering what she would do without him.

"Shh, shh, it's alright. I've got you. I'm here. It's okay." The blonde girl turned in the mans arms, turning herself to rest her head against his chest, Randall placing his left hand in her hair, raking his fingers through it as she slowly began to stop crying. "Are you okay?" Arden nodded her head as Randall pecked her head, slowly removing himself from her grasp, the girl placing her head on the pillow as Randall covered her with her blankets. He softly smiled at the girl before turning to leave but stopped when he felt the girls hand grab his.

"Can you stay with me?"

..........

"I know who's performing this magic." Arden chuckled, pulling a jacket on as Randall finished up tying his shoes.

"Gabrielle Dupres and Brandon Caruthers." Jack stopped in front of Randall, asking how he knew. "I saw you talking to them, dude, and they both got in the Order. Do you really think we wouldn't figure that out?" Lilith walked down the stairs, walking up behind Jack, thanking him for the heads up.

"You can't kill them." Arden scoffed, stuffing her hands in her pockets as she and Lilith walked past the boy.

"Oh yeah? Watch me." Jack stepped in front of them, stopping them from leaving.

"Look, just let me talk to them first. You at least owe me that much." Hamish quickly grabbed ahold of the Morton boy's neck, shoving him into the door as Arden let out a soft laugh, a grin on her lips, Jack gasping for air.

"Everything bad that has happened up until now is because you haven't listened to a word we've said. We don't owe you anything. You understand?" Jack gasped again, letting out a very strained, yes, before Hamish let him go.

"We can stop the magic. Without killing anyone." Hamish furrowed his brows, taking a step back away from Jack, asking him how. "I didn't eat Clarke's heart when I killed him. So the magic targeting Benson, it kept going. It found a new path to her." Randall stepped forward, slowly understanding what the Morton boy was saying, telling him it was the person driving the car. "Exactly, but the magic started to wear out. It wasn't, it was less affective. That's why Benson wasn't killed." Arden thought for a moment, tilting her head a bit as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"We can wear a spell down, render it harmless." Hamish glared at her, making her chuckle as he told her he heard him.

"That's great, when we know the target."

"I can find out. Just let me talk to Gabrielle and Brandon. This will work." Arden scoffed, a grin playing on her lips. "If it doesn't... go ahead and kill me."

"I call dibs."

..........

"Look, Benson's colleagues tweeted about a welcome home party." Randall walked next to Arden, his arm thrown over her shoulder as he furrowed his brows at the Morton boy.

"Wow, Jack. Stalk much?" The group of four chuckled, Jack shaking his head as they walked down the street towards Benson's house.

"I thought knowing our target was supposed to make our lies easier." Arden shrugged her shoulders, the five knights looking around before Hamish turned to Jack in question.

"How do we know who we're looking for?" Jack looked at the Duke boy and then back to the street, telling him he'll know. Arden and Randall walked in front of the others, Arden pulling herself out from under Randall's arm as eveyones slowly came to a stop.

"Guys, chill." The boy pointed to a grey house, the one Arden, him, and Jack, had been to earlier. "English teachers over there. Knights on a mission out here. We got this." The five wathed as Benson stood at the door of her house, greeting her friends, as she leaned on a pair of crutches with a bright pink cast was wrapped against her whole left leg. Jack sighed loudly, looking for something when a man came walking at them, his eyes were bright white.

"Oh, here we go." Hamish turned to the man, and then the group, a smirk on his face as he began to walk towards him, quickly unbottoning his shirt.

"He's mine." Before anyone could say anything, Arden quickly spoke up.

"I want the next one." Randall looked at the blonde, smiling at her and giving her a soft nod as more people came out of their houses holding different weapons. A woman with short black hair walked out of her house holding an ax, Arden smirking as she quickly began to get rid of her own clothes.

"No killing, Denny!" Arden turned to the Morton boy with her brows furrowed.

"You are so not fun, Morton." After about an hour, there were no more people left and it was dark. The group began to get tired and bored, not eating for what felt like eternity. "Jack, man, the magic's got to be dead by now." Jack let out a deep breath, nodding his head in agreement as the other four knights began to put their clothes back on.

"Yeah, I think we're good." Suddenly, the sound of tires screeching came from down the street, making the five turn all their attention towards the sound. "Or not." The car sat there for a second or two before starting up again, whoever inside was slamming on the gas as Jack muttered a string of cuss words. "Come on, Silverback. Come on, Silverback. Come on, Silverback!" Jack brought his hand up as the car charged at him, but it wasn't Jack who brought his fist down, it was Silverback. The wolf smashed down on the hood of the car, stopping it completely and breaking all of the windows.

"Holy shit!" Everyone at Benson's party came outside, including Benson. Arden began to laugh as Jack stood in front of the car naked, everyone looking at him as Hamish pushed the other three out of view of everyone, making sure they weren't seen as Jack yelled.

"I love you, Professor Benson!" Arden scoffed as Jack ran away.

"That's what he went with?"