𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER NINE | NO USE
The boy walked into the room with a towel wrapped around his waist, looking uncomfortable as hell as Arden, Lilith, Hamish, and Randall sat in the living room. Lilith sat in an armchair, the two boys and Arden on the couch. After about twenty minutes of Randall and Arden standing out in the woods at Milla's grave, they had finally gone back.

"It's no use." The boy let out a sigh as Arden, Lilith, and Randall ate their food, the Bathory girl telling him to try again. "We've been here all night." The brunette scoffed, asking what his point was. "It's not gonna work. I can't wolf out unless I hear that damn ringing. I can't control it." The two girls chuckled as Arden sat up, resting her elbows on her knees as she leaned forward.

"It's because you're throttling down when you should be giving it some gas."

"Don't think of it as losing control. You're gaining control." Jack scoffed, shaking his head as he tightened the towel around his waist.

"Of what? My homicidal nature?" Before the boy could finish, the blonde Macauley girl interrupted him.

"Your strength, dumbass." Randall let out an airy chuckle as Hamish scolded her.

"Den." The tall brunette turned back to the Morton boy, leaning forward. "Just let Silverback out. Accept everything he feels, wants, remembers."

"Accept what I did to Professor Clarke?" Arden looked at the boy, nodding her head.

"Yes, exactly. Just like I told you. Sometimes, you don't get a choice, so you've got to learn to deal with it."

"Wether you do this or not is up to you." Arden nodded her head in agreement with Lilith, giving Jack a soft grin. "But you have to choose it." The boy placed his hands over his head and let out a sigh, the blonde girl sitting back against the couch. The boy reluctantly agreed as Lilith leaned forward. "Okay, close your eyes. Feel the itch moving through you. Can you feel it?" Jack let out a soft yeah as Lilith continued. "Okay, chase it. Grab it." The Morton boy slowly opened his eyes, his brows furrowed in confusion.

"Randall said to go with the flow." Arden chuckled and shook her head, catching everyone's attention.

"Randall's an idiot." Randall shook his head, bringing his leg up to rest on the couch, looking at Arden, telling her he was an idiot in pre med.

"Look, we all have our own experiences with transforming." The three nodded their heads as Hamish removed his arm from the back to the couch, leaning forward to rest his arms on his legs. "Find yours." Jack looked at the man, taking a deep breath in.

"How did you feel when Benson was in danger?"

"Worried. Concerned. I didn't want her to get hurt." The four watched as Jack's eyes shined a metallic bluish silver, a change happening within him. Hair appearing all over his body as his nails grew longer, fangs sticking out of his mouth, the four knights watching in amazement before he fell to the floor. He quickly got up, covering himself with his towel.

"Clarke was under some kind of magical control, and I-" Before the boy could finish, Randall interrupted him, making Arden scoff, muttering a string of curses under her breath.

"You saved Benson."

"I killed someone, okay?" Hamish sat forward once more, glaring at Randall as Arden sat back with her hand covering her face, letting out a sigh.

"You totally covered for this guy." Lilith looked at the two boys as Arden tried not to get involved with this whole thing.

"Twice."

"What does it matter? I still turned out to be right." The Morton boy began to put his own clothes on, questioning how long he was turned for, only for Hamish to tell him it was only three seconds. "At least you made it to full wolf this time."

"Yeah, but he'll never hold the wolf unless he quits wallowing in his guilt." Arden and Randall looked at each other, nodding their heads, telling Jack that she was right, Randall standing up.

"You have to trust Silverback."

"You keep saying that, like it's separate from me." Arden stood up, flattening out her shirt before she softly spoke, telling him it was, whilst Hamish told him it wasn't. "Totally cleared that up." Jack quickly picked up his belongings, walking towards the door. "Thanks for turning me into a murderer." Arden scoffed, walking out of the room.

"What a shit show. It's a total waste of time." The blonde Macauley girl walked out of the house, making her way into the deep woods, not letting anyone hear her.

..........

It had been about an hour since Arden walked out of the house and no one had noticed until Randall walked up to her room to check on her, only to find it empty.

"Den? You in here? Hello?" The boy looked around the room, in her closet, under her bed, and she was nowhere. "Hey Hamish! Is Denny down there?" The man downstairs yelled out a loud no as Randall sighed, letting out curse word after curse word. "Shit, shit, shit. Fuck." The Carpio boy ran out of her room and down the stairs, running out into the trees to look for her. He began to yell for her, but realized she wouldn't respond, so he began to walk, looking at everything around him.

"Randall?" The Carpio boy's head snapped in the direction of Arden's soft voice, seeing her standing with her arms crossed over her chest.

"I went to check on you and you weren't in your room. I didn't want anything to happen to you." Arden let out a soft chuckle as Randall made his way towards her, the girl turning away from him to look out past the trees. Randall followed her eyesight to see what she was looking at, only to see the moon. "You okay, Den?" The girl looked up to meet eyes with Randall, nodding as he moved closer to her, placing his arm over her shoulder, as she rested her head on his chest.

"Thank you." Randall brought his other arm around her, bringing her closer to him as she sighed. "Thank you for being here for me."

"Always."