𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER ELEVEN | I GIVE MY LIFE TO THE CAUSE
"Doesn't have to be perfect, just booze." Arden nodded in agreement as Randall sat right next to her on the couch, the way she had sat with him days before. His back against her side as her arm sat across the back of the couch, everyone in their robes. Hamish handed everyone their drinks, Arden softly thanking him as he walked around, calling them neanderthals.

"I kind of get why we need these now. It's hard work." Arden let out a sigh, placing her drink on the arm of the couch.

"It also used to be fun." Arden chuckled against Randall, turning to the group. "But Jack killed a car. I guess that was fun. And you were right. Eventually the magic petered out." Arden smiled, bringing her glass up to her lips as Lilith spoke.

"It was a pretty long eventually."

"We saved ten people. Feels good." Lilith shrugged as she looked at the liquid in the glass.

"Saving people's okay, I guess."

"Nothing is going to change the fact that I murdered a good man. You know, what do you do with all of the bad shit you have to carry around?" Arden looked down at her glass and then down at the Carpio boy, giving him a soft smile.

"You carry it, or you talk to someone about it. Letting it out helps a lot." Jack looked at the two on the couch and gave them a short smile, watching them together.

"Who am I supposed to talk to about being a wolf? I can't just go up to someone and go, 'oh hey, I'm a werewolf and killed people, can I talk to you about it'." The Macauley girl chuckled and shook her head, adjusting herself on the couch.

"Look around you, fuckface. There's four other people in this room that are going through the exact same thing as you. I always talk to Randall about it. Lilith may not be good at using the right words but she's a great listener. Or you could just deal with it like an adult." The five raised their glasses, Arden bringing up the cold glass to her lips, before taking a sip.

..........

Arden, Randall, Lilith , and Hamish walked through the woods, Randall following Jack's scent as the knights talked to each other. Arden and Hamish spoke to each other while Randall and Lilith walked in front of them, a shovel in Randall's hand.

"So, Den, you and Randall?" Arden looked up at the dirty blonde, sighing. "Don't act like you don't like him all of a sudden. With your guys' hides, it was bound to happen eventually. Everyone knows you guys like each other, everyone but you two. I say you do something about it, before someone else does." Arden sighed as Randall informed them that he had successfully tracked the Morton boy. The four of them saw Jack holding a shovel, digging something up. The Carpio boy walked up behind the boy as Lilith, Arden, and Hamish stayed behind.

"How'd you find me?" Arden smiled as she walked out from behind tile tree, the other two following behind her.

"Have you learned nothing? We smelled you and that corpse from a mile off." Arden watched as Jack looked between the other knights.

"You're not thinking of eating my Ethics professor?" Randall chuckled, shaking his head.

"Relax, no one's gonna horn in on your action. But, if you want to share-" Before Randall could finish, Jack cut him off, telling them that no one was eating his professor. "Guys, come on. Of course not. But if you change your mind."

"We talked. We think your idea of an alliance could still work." Jack met eyes with both of the girls, shaking his head, telling them no. The four looked at each other, Arden looking up at Hamish,wondering what t hey were going to do now. Just when Arden was going to question the brunette, he spoke.

"I give my life to the cause." Arden's eyes widened as Randall looked at her, the two jumping around like little kids. The tall boy walked over to Jack, pulling him into a tight hug, before pulling away and continuing on the digging. Hamish looked down at Arden watching as she stared at Randall in adoration.

"Maybe, you're right, Hamish."

"I'm always right."