𝐬𝐢𝐱

CHAPTER SIX | SILENT STALKER
The four knights walked up to Jacks room, Randall pulling out a key, placing it in the keyhole before pulling it up to his face, looking at it confused.

"It's not working. He changed the lock." Arden scoffed, feeling around in her hair for a bobby pin she had in her hair to keep her twists pulled back.

"Move it, I've got it." Randall moved out of the girls way as she pulled apart the bobby pin, kneeling down in front of the doorknob before jamming the clip in they keyhole. Arden quickly wiggled it around before she heard a click, using her other hand to turn the knob, opening the door. "You're welcome."

"He's not supposed to change the locks. Now I have to write him up." The four wolves walked in, seeing stacks upon stacks of new clothes, shoes, other random things Jack Morton could never have without magic.

"I think you can save the ink." Randall walked around, seeing a big chair that didn't used to be there when he was in the room the last time he checked on Jack.

"This room is ten times cooler than it used to be. But that doesn't prove that he's doing magic." Arden walked over to the boys desk to see the exact sigil she had been talking about, holding it up towards everyone.

"This definitely does. It's the sigil." Lilith pointed to the paper as Hamish looked through all of the boxes, Randall sighing.

"I still don't think we should kill him. He's smart. He got a ninety six percent on that." Arden sighed and placed the paper on the desk, nodding her head in agreement with Randall.

"Although he used magic to get that score, Randall. I say we don't kill him yet. If he shows that he can help us then we can keep him alive, but if he proves that he only care about the Order, then we gut him." Hamish and Lilith scoffed, shaking their heads.

"He's in the Order. We can't trust him." Randall nodded, looking down at his feet and then at Lilith, his lips pressed right in a line.

"Silverback picked him for a reason. We should try to figure out what that is." Hamish interrupted the boy, telling him that he was in charge, making Arden sigh, letting everyone know there was only one way to settle their disagreement.

"Anyone up for cup pong?"

..........

The ping pong ball splashed into the last solo cup full of beer, making Arden groan in frustration.

"That's the last time I let you play, Randall. Move, drink up, and let me win for us." Hamish chuckled as Randall sighed, picking up the last cup as Arden placed the cups back in order.

"And don't spill half of it this time." Randall looked at the cup before dropping his shoulders, looking up at everyone.

"What have we become?" Everyone looked at him, brows furrowed as they questioned him. "We're the knights of Saint Christopher. We're supposed to be champions of all that is good and just. Defenders of the innocent, and look at us. We're letting a game of beer pong decide if Jack Morton lives or dies?" Arden scoffed as everyone stayed silent before the blonde turned to face Randall, a smirk on her face as she leaned against the table.

"Best two out of three?"

"Fine." Randall chugged the beer that was in the red solo cup, slamming it down on the table as Arden turned to Hamish.

"If we want to win, you have to get out of my way, Carpio."

..........

"You killed your professor? I killed my sister. How'd you feel?" Jack jumped at the sound of Ardens voice, turning quickly as Randall just let out a soft chuckle.

"Holy fuck. When'd you get here?" The blonde walked up to the two boys, hands in her pocket as Randall answered for her.

"She's probably been here the whole time." Jack looked at the two in shock and confusion.

"But, I would've heard her, or smelt her, right? I mean I'm a werewolf. Shouldn't we both have heard her?" Randall shook his head as Arden stopped at his side, seeing Jack holding clothes in his arms.

"You planning on staying the night with her?" Randall let out a muffled laugh, trying to keep it in with his hand as she sighed, explaining to the Morton boy. "You didn't know I was here because my hide keeps me hidden from anything and everything. Alpine keeps me quiet, makes looking for me kind of impossible." Jack looked at her, then Randall, like he was asking if she was serious, only to get a nod.

"Come on, Den. I was just going to go to the back and check." Arden looked at the Morton boy before she began going towards the back gate, leaving the two boys. "You'll get used to it." Randall began walking towards the back before stopping himself and turning back to Jack. "Just do us all a favor and never get on her bad side." Jack questioned the boy, asking why. "Denny is a silent stalker. She's always there and you never hear her coming. She'll kill you before you even realize she's there." Jack just stood there as Randall smiled, looking down at his shoes before looking back up at Jack. "Okay, we'll be right back. Don't go anywhere. I'll send Denny after you."