𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER SEVEN | DOUBLE CROSSING BASTARD
"You guys are sure you can get Hamish and Lilith on board?" Arden and Randall looked to each other before Arden went to sit on the couch in the living room, Randall nodding his head.

"Oh, yeah. Absolutely, no problem. Hamish? Lilith?" Suddenly, Hamish came out of the door that lead to the kitchen while Lilith came down the stairs, blocking the Morton boy in.

"Great job, guys."

"I thought Randall was gonna for sure help him run." Jack turned to Randall and Arden, just to see the blonde laying across the couch with a grin on her face.

"You double-crossing bastard." Randall held his hands up towards Lilith and Hamish, yelling.

"Everyone calm down. No ones killing anyone." Lilith scoffed as Hamish turned to Arden, who was just watching from the couch, motioning for her to get up.

"We agreed. Best out of three. You lost, he dies." Arden grinned, knowing that wasn't the last thing they agreed to.

"We agreed that if he doesn't side with us, he dies. And he landed his first kill." Lilith scoffed, calling bullshit as Randall tried to speak for Jack.

"Jack, tell them. Tell them how you heard the ringing and transformed into Silverback and took down your professor who was weaponized by bad magic." Jack nodded his head, turning to look behind him at Lilith while Arden stood smiling, knowing full well Randall didn't know that.

"That... that happened."

"That's straight up champion shit. And pretty impressive, considering he hasn't even been trained."

"Doesn't change the fact that he's been doing bad magic." Hamish, Randall, and Arden watched the two argue, knowing they'd probably never get along at this rate.

"That was a mistake."

"You're a mistake." Hamish stepped towards Jack, telling him that he and the other three needed to discuss everything alone. "What are we gonna do about dick leak here? We can't just let him go?" Hamish agreed, a grin on his face as Lilith and Arden grabbed Jacks arms, dragging him away, down the stairs into the basement.

"Don't do anything weird." The two girls shoved the Morton boy into the room, making him scoff as Randall and Hamish followed behind them.

"Like lock someone in your basement while you debate wether or not to kill them." Arden pushed the boy into farther into the room before Hamish and Lilith left, leaving Jack with Randall and Arden.

"Lie to them about what happened. That was your plan?" Arden scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You lied to us?" Randall leaned against the doorframe, sighing as he tried to explain himself.

"It's not lying. It's optimistic expectation." Arden slapped the boy upside the head, glaring at him.

"That's lying."

"And I never said Clarke was 'weaponized by bad magic'." Randall cut him off, saying he never said Clarke wasn't.

"Look, it's going to be okay. I promise." Randall moved back a bit, Arden slowly backing away before she began to shut the door. "It's gonna take a couple hours."

..........

"I say we rip his heart out." Randall scoffed, shaking his head. Arden sat like she had the few days before, her back against Randall's side but she had her legs thrown across Hamishs lap, who didn't seem to really mind.

"You always say that, Den." Lilith leaned forward, her elbows resting on her knees.

"And she's always right." Hamish placed his hand down on Ardens shin, his other hand on the arm of the couch, holding his head up.

"Might be a waste of a good champion." Arden shook her head, facing the taller man.

"He's no champion. He is a member of the Order." Before Arden could finish, Lilith finished for her.

"He is our enemy." Randall sighed, sitting up straighter, pushing Arden to sit up straighter against him.

"The guilt he's feeling is punishment enough. The guys a breakup song in repeat." Lilith awed sarcastically, pretending to feel bad.

"Aw. He feels bad? Why didn't you say so?" Randall tried to reason with the girl, telling her to come up with a punishment, telling the two girls they couldn't kill him.

"Guys, we all know there's only one way to solve this."

..........

"Drink." Lilith glared at Arden as she sunk the last ping pong ball in the cup. Arden grinned as Liltih shook her head, scoffing, as the two boys cheered on the side.

"You realize your behavior borders on pathological." The Bathory girl slowly picked up the red cup, chugging the liquids inside, before crushing it in her palm, letting out a loud burp as she threw the cup on the floor.

"You realize Hamish made me do this because he knew I would beat you right? You've never been good at cup pong, Lil."

..........

"Hey, this isn't a library."Arden, Hamish, Lilith, and Randall walked into the small room, the two boys holding red solo cups in their hands, seeing the Morton boy with a book in his hands.

"I was doing some research." Lilith chuckled as Arden turned to the boy, seeing the book that was in his hands.

"That's the first book I grabbed off the shelf too, except then there were only about twenty books. Now it's about one hundred. You'll find some good books here." Jack looked up at the girl as she handed him an old red book labeled, lupus hominarius. The boy looked back at Arden, his brows furrowed, telling her he didn't speak Latin. "Oh, believe me, you read Latin."

"Your reliquary is almost as good as the order's." Hamish and Arden look at each other before Hamish turned back to the boy, questioning what a reliquary was. "Your collection of magical artifacts." Arden scoffed, a smile on her lips as she shook her head.

"More like a collection of magical contraband."

"Confiscated by the Knights over the centuries." Arden nodded her head as Randall finished the sentence for her, Hmaish nodding along with the two.

"Think of this as an evidence locker." Jack's brows furrowed, sitting up a bit straighter.

"Well, then you might wanna do a better job of securing it." The four knights looked at each other, grinning as the Morton boy sat there. "Some of this stuff is pretty valuable." Randall looked at all the things on the shelf as Lilith moved towards the boy.

"It's in the basement of a house with four werewolves. I think it's fine."

"Have you ever read any of this stuff?" Lilith scoffed and shook her head, smirking.

"Of course not. That's what we have Denny for. She's memorized these books word for word. We fight bad magic. We don't perform it. Denny just performs helpful magic every so often." The Morton boy looked towards the blonde who had been talking to Randall, who was now looking at him.

"I'm a were-lock."