Chapter 19. Love?

Kyo pov. 

"What's it gonna take to make you not fight," Tenten asked frantically as we walked towards the battle arena. 

"Nothing," I giggled slightly at her. "You know my first fight was at an arena remember,"  

"OH YEAH," She said remembering "on a mission Lee made you join in on a fight a small village was having you to were tag team partners I remember to know," She proclaimed smirking. 

"Yeah we actually won that fight Lee kicked this huge dudes but like it was nothing" I laughed causing her to break out in a fit of laughter also. 

____________________________________________________________

*Flashback*  1 year ago about 3 months after teams were assigned. 

"Lee please I really don't think I can win" I whinnied pulling back as he dragged me along onto a stage. It had a ring people surrounded it.  Making me have a slight panic attack. 

"Just count on Me I will protect you if you need it just tag me in" Lee stated smiling making me blush

"Right," I spoke trying to sound confident and failing. Lee Chuckled at me for a second. 

My fake confidence left my body as 2 huge ass men walked over. Standing high above Lee and I made me feel like a fly on the wall about to be crushed by a slight hand clap.

"Lee and um...Kyo? What are you doing" Tenten yelled running over her face turning from anger to pure confusion seeing me and Lee standing in a ring in front of 2 giants. 

"Alright draw lots to see who goes first," The announcer belted arm resting on his round plump belly. I, unfortunately, went first. They separated me and Lee on opposite ends the goal was to not only toss the opponent out of the ring but tag in your partner at least once.  

The man in front of me laughed looking down at me.  Messring my height comparing it to his smirking. 

"Don't get intimidated Kyo" Lee shouted leaning slightly over the rope of the ring. "Rember what Guy Sensei taught you. You can do it" Lee said trying to make me motivated said. 

"Why don't you to kids run off and eat some ice cream," The man said patting me on the head making me angry. 

"Ring" The bell rang letting us know the fight began. 

ECK. Fight how do I again. I froze my fists up. 

"Get em Kyo" Tenten yelled supporting me. Guy Sensei followed. Neji stayed silent watching with slight curiosity. 

"Come on" Lee Yelled holding his hand out. Motivating me to fight this big guy. 

The big guy tried to pick me up but I punched him causing him to back up after being punched in the gut.  The oversized hoodie I wore made things difficult at the time. 

While he was in shock.  I took off past him as he tried to grab me multiple times. Eventually, I managed to tag Lee in.  

Lee without effort used leaf hurricane to knock him out leaving me staring in amazement. 

"Wow" I shinned looking at him. 

____________________________________________

*Present*  

"PFFT" Tenten laughed with me. 

"Why do I always have to go first?!" I exclaimed. Earning a smack on the back of the head. "OWIE" 

"Don't whine be happy you get to go first" Tenten spoke. I looked over at her with a straight almost judging face

"What?!" She asked annoyed. 

"It sucks" I spoke finally.  "Everyone expects you to set the pace, they want a good show and they put you at such a high standard they get pissed when you lose" 

Tenten stared at me a second before nodding agreeing with me. 

________________________

"FUCK" I exclaimed as I was announced as the first match.