𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

➤ 𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐲𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐬

It's been a few years now and you and Ushijima are happily married. You had a medium sized wedding on the beach with all your friends, teammates, and family. You had a gorgeous wedding and a great after party, which included some beach volleyball because volleyball never stops.

Today was the day you tell Ushi that you are pregnant. You were nervous to say the least, but overall excited. You found out a couple weeks ago and then confirmed it by a simple trip to the doctor. You talked it out with Kiyoko and you decide you were going to put two regular sized volleyballs on the couch with a mini one in the middle on the two. You made it so when Ushi came home he would see it and once he realizes what it is you would pull the pregnancy test out and show him. 

It was 5 minutes before Ushi would be home and you were freaking out. You were texting Kiyoko non-stop, but she kept saying that it was perfectly fine and he would cry. He better cry, you were not gonna go through all this pain for your husband to not cry when he finds out. 

*click* 

You hear the door click open then close. You fake busy yourself in the kitchen while you wait for Ushi to find the volleyballs. 

"Hey sweetheart," he says while giving you a kiss before setting is bag on one of the kitchen island chairs. 

"Hi toshi," you say with the calmest voice you could muster.

"Do you need any help with dinner?"

"Nope, I got it," You say turning around to face him. He nods and you watch as he makes his way to the couch. You see him pause as he see the three volleyballs.

"Sweetheart, what is this?" He asks with a shaky voice. Looking at you and then looking back at the volleyballs.

"What do you mean babe?" you fake question trying to control your smile.

"The three volleyballs on the couch," he states. "why is there a smaller one-" he starts but quickly cuts himself off when the clogs in the his brain finally click. "Are you? Does that mean? Babe?" His eyes wide as he slowly makes his way towards you. You pull the test from your back pocket and show him.

"We are gonna have a baby toshi," you exclaim and he makes fast steps towards you picking you up and spinning you around. 

"We're having a baby?!" 

"Yes we are!" you reassure and he kisses you before setting you down and doing a little victory dance. After his little dance he drops to his knees and puts his face up to your stomach.

"I'm going to teach you all about volleyball, and we are going to have so much fun!" he says caressing your stomach causing you to laugh. 

'so much fun'

─────

It was the day of the baby gender reveal party. You and Kiyoko had loosely planned it while she did most of the planning since he knew the gender of the baby. Your close friends and family all came to the beach where it was going to happen. You were to toss a volleyball up into the air while Ushi would spike it down and once it hit the sand it would explode and you would know the gender of your baby. The both of you sporting blue shirts since you both really wanted a boy. 

"Are you ready Toshi?" you ask with the delicate volleyball in your hands.

"Give me a good toss baby!" With that you tossed the ball and your husband jumped to spike it slamming it down. Blue confetti bursted out of the ball. It's a boy!!! Ushijima ran up to you picking you up and spinning you around.

"We're having a boy!"

"Yes toshi we are,"

─────

Years later Ushijima showed up at the Olympics and had some good games in his league teams. You also had two boys one year apart. They were in elementary school now and both showed great potential in volleyball. The three boys in your house all in love with volleyball. You were happy, Ushi was happy, the boys were happy. To think it all started on an early morning jog.

𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝐸𝓃𝒹

I hope you all enjoyed this story! Let me know what you guys would like to see next! I really enjoyed writing this story and I'm sad to see it end, but I am happy I ended up finishing it and not just leaving it.