Chapter 2: It's Them.

«───────────────»

Elina POV

The next day i woke up, and it was 8 am already. I had no work today as it was a Sunday.

Well anyways, I'll go to do some shopping.

Might as well buy some turtle food for the neighbour's pet turtle. It helps in gaining their trust.

I stood near the counter, waiting for other people to come out. It was kind of crowded.

"I shot a robber yesterday! She wore some shabby looking black clothes. Ugh so cheap!"

"Omg i know right? These people are so useless!"

I heard two girls in their annoying voice, speak.

"Robbers are so annoying, and the one i shot yesterday was so dumb! She didn't even carry any weapons. I mean you are in middle of a purge!"

My body went stiff.

"Lame. I don't even wanna talk about them."

I tapped my foot against the cold floor waiting for the crowd to vanish.

An old, grumpy man stood a bit close to me near the counter.

I hummed along some songs which were playing in the shop and moved a little.

Then i turned around to see the old man glaring at me.

The tip of his nose almost red. I almost snorted but held in my laughter and tilted my head confused.

"Thief!"

He yelled. At first no one paid attention but after yelling around 5-6 times a crowd gathered around us.

I was frightened.

I am not so used to so much of attention and right now everyone was looking at me.

Oh god!

"Excuse me , what?"

I tried to be as kind as possible.

"You stole my sixty dollars! You nasty little woman! Give me my money!"

I gasped.

"No! No i didn't! Stop lying!"

"Teenage girls these days.."

He shook his head, mumbling in such a way the crowd could hear too.

What the fuck.

"Give me my money! Does your man not keep you happy enough?"

Oh my god! This man is taking this on a personal level!

Suddenly feeling angry, i snapped back.

"Old hags these days.."

I mumbled, imitating him and continued.

"Does your sugar baby not keep you happy enough?"

I received a few snorts and laughs from people nearby.

Even i felt like laughing but i kept quiet.

"You bitch!"

He threw multiple profanities at me. Thats weird.

I sighed.

"Look, i haven't stole anything from you. I entered this shop with ten dollars and that's the only amount i have with me right now."