Chapter 15

"....don't know what happened! I told you, she heard someone talk and then she just passed out!" A voice said. My head was hurting. It was hard to move my hand.

What happened?

I groaned, my hand finally going to my head.

"Gabby? Gabby, can you hear me?" Diane's voice broke through the fog in my head. I looked over to her, nodding slightly. "Does anything hurt?"

I pointed to my head. "What happened?" I asked, sitting up from laying on the couch.

"You passed out." Noah said, concern etched in his features.

The phone call, the feeling of everything crashing down- it was all coming back. "I'm fine." I stated, standing. I made the move to leave the room. Diane tried to stop me, but I kept going. I ran up to my room, sliding down the door. I pulled my knees to my chest, the tears swimming down my cheeks.

A knock sounded at my door, causing me to jump a little. Standing, I wiped my face of tears. "Come in." I cleared my throat when it cracked.

Noah stepped into my room. "What the hell was that?" He demanded immediately.

"When I fainted? Well, I haven't eaten today. That might be it. Or it could have been overthinking about my essay." He stared at me.

"You know that none of that caused you to faint, Gabriella." He moved towards me, backing me up to the wall. "Who was on the phone?" I sighed, sitting on the bed.

"It was Angela." I stated simply.

"And Angela is?" He sat next to me.

"She is- or was- my best friend from back home." I looked at the floor.

"Why did that make you freak out like you did?"

"Because she's the reason I'm here."

"What are you talking about?" He moved in front of me in order to look at my face. "Why would she be the reason?"

"I don't want to talk about it, Noah." He grabbed my hands.

"You can tell me. I won't tell a soul. Scouts honor." He held his hand up and smiled at me.

"You were a Boy Scout?" I laughed.

"For, like, two years." He laughed along with me. "Please, just tell me." He pleaded me with his eyes.

"I don't know if I can." He searched my face.

"What do you mean you don't know if you can?"

"I don't know if I can make it through what happened. I barely did during the actual thing and I've never told anybody about it."

"It would help to talk about it." He tried.

"Please, Noah, don't make me." The tears started falling.

"Don't cry, please." He wiped the year from under my eyes.

"Then don't make me tell you. Please, Noah." I choked out a sob causing him to sigh.

"Ok. I wish you would tell me but I won't force you." He stood from the bed, watching me. I looked at him, my tears still flowing at their own will. I jumped from the bed, wrapping my arms around him. His arms wrapped around my waist as I cried into his shoulder. I just needed someone to comfort me.

"Thank you, Noah." My voice cracked.

*~*~*~*

"She's been like that for hours." Alex's soft voice whispered to whoever he was talking to.

"What happened anyway?" I heard James ask.

"I don't know. Noah said she passed out earlier after some phone call." Alex responded. I heard their footsteps retreat from my doorway. I was sitting on the floor against my bed.

"Gabby?" Noah asked, walking into the room. It was weird hearing him call me 'Gabby' instead of 'Gabriella'. I looked up at him, "How are you?" He was hesitant to sit next to me. The memories were too vivid and I don't think I could speak without breaking down again, so I just shrugged. "Mom told me that the girl- Angela, I think?- will be here on Tuesday. I don't know why she is coming during the week, but apparently she is and she's coming to see her grandmother or something who lives in the town over. She said she wanted to visit." He was rambling.

"I figured she would come soon." I said, my voice seemingly robotic. I only have three days until everything falls apart.

"You can tell me anything ok? I know that that girl must be a rough spot-" Thats an understatement- "but I'm here to listen if you want to talk, ok?"

I nodded, turning my head to look at him. He was staring at me and it ignited a foreign feeling in my stomach. It spread through my veins. It was scary. He started leaning in which wasn't far. His lips brushed mine and my heart skipped a beat. I haven't ever felt this feeling- this foreign, wonderful feeling. If you had told me a week ago that I would be sitting here, what's left of my world about to fall apart, kissing Noah Webb, I would have straight up laughed in your face.

It was a slow, sweet kiss. He didn't rush anything or push anything. He was sweet and I liked that. He pulled away, his forehead on mine. "Ok." I whispered.

"Ok, what exactly?" He asked, looking in my eyes.

"Ok, you're here to talk." I smiled at him. A real one, that only happened on rare occasions.

"I want you to trust me, Gabby. I wouldn't tell people anything you don't want me to." I nodded.

"I think you were right- about how talking might help. I haven't told anybody about this and I don't want anybody to know. I mean nobody can know." He nodded, waiting.

"When I was fourteen I was framed with arson. They didn't believe me when I told them that I didn't do it. So I was found guilty and put into a juvenile detention center..."

*~*~*~*

So the secret is about to come out....

The next chapter is going to be the day of the incident. It's going to be in Gabby's perspective as she goes through the night her life changed. Until next time my little bundles! :)

Vote. Comment. Share.