Chapter 29

;)

Noah's POV

Out of all the things she could've done, she kissed that fucking tool. He knew I liked her, too. He fucking knew and he still went after her.

I walked into my room, slamming the door shut. I was fuming. What guy wouldn't, though?

All he wants from her is sex and I hope she knows that. Who the fuck am I kidding? Gabby sees the good in everyone, she wouldn't think that of Rex. He's a pretty good liar anyway.

My door swung open then, Rex standing in the doorway. He had a wide smirk on his face, walking into my room. "Hey there, buddy." He said, sitting in my desk chair.

"What do you want, Rex?" I asked, staring at my ceiling.

"Now, Noah, no need to be so down. I'm sure you'll have your chance soon." He leaned back, propping his legs up on my bed.

I looked at him through a slit gaze, shoving his feet off of my bed. "Do not start with me, Rex, you know I like her. I told you not even twenty minutes ago!" I sat up, glaring at him.

"A lot of things can happen in twenty minutes, Noah." He smirked, winking at me. I stood, ready to give him a broken nose to go with his split knuckles. "Whoa, buddy. No need to act irrational."

"Gabby isn't like that. You may be, but she's not. She's too good." I said, more to myself.

"Are you sure? Those rumors at school have gotten so big, they might true." He told me, smirking at my reaction. I shook my head.

"You need to leave." I said, darkly, opening my door. "Now."

"Don't be that way, Noah," He stood, walking towards me. "Don't be petty."

"Leave. I'm not afraid to make you." I told him.

"Fine, fine, I'm leaving." Rex said, smirking down the hall, before finally exiting. I looked out after him, spotting Gabby in the hallway. She had a sad look on her face, staring right back at me.

"Noah-" She started, taking a step forward. I shook my head, walking back into my room. I shut my door, letting her know not to come in.

No matter how much I wanted her to.

~*~*~*~

I didn't come out of my room until the next day. Even then, it was only to get food and use the bathroom.

I was about to walk through the kitchen door, when I heard Gabby's voice.

"I have to, James. It's the only way to get closure. And something like this shouldn't be said through the phone." A door closed, probably the cabinets.

"You don't have to leave, though, Gabs." James said, rustling something.

Leave?

"It won't be very long. I need to go back and settle a lot of stuff. There's probably a lot of legal stuff to go through anyways."

Go back? What is she talking about?

"If this is about Noah, then you're crazy to let him drive you out of the country." My eyes widened, and I opened the door to the kitchen.

"You're leaving?" I asked, the sadness in my voice evident. "Is it because of me? If it is, then what did I do?"

"Noah, I think we should go talk." James gave her a nod, probably to encourage her. She walked past me, a signal for me to follow. We went to another room, the game room. "Yes, I'm leaving."