Chapter 20

I went home early. I had called Diane and told her I didn't feel well and she picked me up. I didn't talk to anybody.

I had only told Noah about that. Why would he tell her? He told me he would never tell a soul. He's hurt me before but nothing like this.

Of all the things..

Some of the guys knocked on my door, but I didn't say anything. They left not long after they knocked. I don't know what time it is, but it's got to be after school hours considering how many of the boys came to try to talk to me.

"Gabby?" I heard his voice through the door, piercing my ears. He knocked lightly. "Gabby, I know you're in there." He twisted at the locked knob. "Talk to me."

I shot out of the bed, swinging the door open. "Talk to you? This is your fault! You told Laura! Of all people." He had a shocked expression.

"I didn't tell her!"

"Who else would have? You were the only person that knew. And you didn't even tell her the right story!" Angry tears sprung to the surface. "I can't believe you would do that. And then lie about it!" I slammed the door shut, going back to my bed. I choked out a sob into my pillow. The door clicked open.

"I didn't tell her, Gabriella. I don't know how she found out, but it wasn't from me." He sat at the edge of my bed, where I lay with my back to him. "You can trust me."

"No, I really can't. I should've never trusted you after what you did when I first got here."

"That was two months ago, Gabby! You can't hold me to that forever. I didn't tell her."

I sat up looking at him. "You've hurt me before, right? Why wouldn't you have done it again. Like you said, you needed entertainment. You got it." I held no emotion in my face, his holding hurt- which I could tell was for show. He sighed.

"You have to believe me, Gabby! I wouldn't do that to you!"

"Just leave, Noah. Please." My voice cracked as I turned away from him. I heard him sigh, his footsteps retreating from the room.

*~*~*~*

"I didn't do it!" I heard someone scream, followed by a crashing sound. I shot up from my bed, rushing towards the sound.

"You were apparently the only one she told!" I heard someone say. Alex, I think.

"I didn't tell her!" Noah shouted. I speed-walked down the hallway, looking for the source of the commotion.

"Why wouldn't you have? You told everyone she was a whore! You're trying to ruin her life!" Alex shouted back. I found them in Noah's room, in each other's faces.

"I wouldn't do that!" He was losing it, slow slipping into a dark hole of anger. "I would never betray her like that!" He was clenching his fists, his face a deep red. In all honesty, it scared me.

"Of course you would! It's who you are Noah! You force secrets out of people and then exploit them!" Noah moved forward, his fist raising. He swung, connecting with Alex's jaw. Alex pushed Noah back to the wall, punching him in the gut. They threw punches one after the other, shocking me to the core.

"Stop!" I shouted. I didn't know I said it until their eyes snapped towards me. I looked at them, wondering why they would be fighting like this. I turned, leaving the room. I went back to my room, slamming the door.

*~*~*~*

The knocks at my door ended about ten minutes ago. They lasted for a good couple of hours, on and off. I haven't come out of my room and I don't really want to.

A knock came at my door again, but I ignored it like I have all week.

"Gabby?" My heart stuttered in my chest at the sound of his voice. What's wrong with me? "Gabby, talk to me, please." Noah said from the other side of the door. I didn't make a sound nor move. "Please." His voice cracked, a small thud against the door sounded. He must have put his head there.

Before I knew what I was doing, I was standing at the door. My hand hovered over the knob, debating with myself. Despite myself, I twisted the knob, opening the door. He stood there, his eyes red rimmed, his cheeks puffy. The sight was painful, for some reason.

"Why does it matter? You don't care about me. You never have." I whispered.

"Of course I care about you! If I didn't, I wouldn't be standing here right now." He stepped closer to me, causing me to take a step back. "Gabby." He looked broken.

"I don't understand you, Noah. One minute you're being this sweet guy and laughing and joking with me. The next minute you're attempting to ruin my life." I told him softly. "I don't get it." I shook my head.

"I never want to hurt you, Gabby. I wasn't trying to ruin your life. I couldn't if I even wanted to."

"You have before." I stated. My mind was reeling. Why would he care that I was hurt by this? "You've attempted to ruin me before, so why not now?"

He took a step closer, reaching for me. His hand connected to my arm, electric pulses traveling up my arm to my brain. What?

"I care about you, Gabby." He said, his expression full of grief.

"No, you don't, Noah. I don't know if I can trust you anymore." I walked backwards, falling back on my bed. His face twisted into one that could only resemble pain. I saw tears welling in his eyes. Why does this bother him so much?

"Don't say that, Gabby, please!" He walked towards me, falling to his knees in front of me. "I can prove to you that I didn't tell Laura." His eyes pleaded with mine. My heart hurt at the sight of his desperation.

"How would you do that?" I asked him, hesitantly.

"I don't know yet. But I will, Gabby, just don't shut me out. Please." I thought for a second.

"I really don't know, Noah. I trusted you. So much. And you pulled something like this. I'm sorry, Noah. I don't think I can bring myself to trust you again." I stood from the bed, leaving the room.

*~*~*~*

Woah! What? This chapter is all about aftermath...

So I am not sure how long this story is going to be. I guess, I'll let my mind take me however mush farther it wants to go so...

Send me covers and stuff! I would really love that!! You can email me at dakota.hillin@gmail.com ,you can also DM me on Instagram @xdakotaaaaaax.

Until next time my little bundles!

Vote. Comment. Share.